At LV=GI we always put the customer first, and our IT department are no exception – focusing on a range of internal customers and stakeholders, you will focus on their priorities and needs and create reliable and effective IT solutions accordingly. You will be working as part of a high performing and dynamic team working from the Brentwood, Bournemouth or Croydon office with the opportunity to work from home 2/3 days a week. We adopt a flexible working environment with a focus on learning & development.
You will be guided by corporate IT Strategy to ensure continuous improvement; quality assurance and system documentation are delivered accordingly. You will analyse user requirements, design and build technical solutions and support systems using the full development life cycle and agile methodologies where suitable.
Work to be completed to high standards of quality and performance, developed using defined tools within existing methodologies and delivered within agreed timescales. All work must be guided by corporate IT strategy and subject to peer and management review.
What are we looking for?
You will have basic competence in IT development minimum with some experience of real world development & delivery of projects. Competent in at least one domain/technology desirable.
You will have a good understanding of software development practices with a degree educated in a related discipline (or equivalent)
You will be able to read technical & functional specifications with confidence to seek clarification where needed. Understanding of systems development lifecyle is desirable.
You will be able to report own progress with experience in/or looking to take ownership with leading a team and project manage.
LV=GI is increasingly cloud based, so any appreciation of Azure, MVC ASPX will be an advantage to your application with experience in NET, SQL Server and other tools, such as C#
What will you be doing?
This role will be given appropriate technical support and supervision to undertake the following:
- Contribute to the delivery of system documentation (functional and technical).
- Support and contribute to delivery of accurate project estimates for smaller, less complex projects
- Develop reliable, quality code aligned with best practice guidelines independently with minimal guidance.
- Plan and execute unit and integration tests including documented evidence of test plans and results.
- Work within defined standards, methods and strategies.
- Continuously develop knowledge of one or more development environments including associated tools.
- Support project implementation, which may include checking results and problem resolution.
- Progress problem resolution, within own area of expertise by reference to procedures and/or precedents, through to successful implementation of solution.
- To comply with company standards, quality assurance processes and system documentation.
- To effectively communicate progress of project work and/or problems to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Provide informal guidance to new or junior team members.
Why Work for Us?
Driven by our pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to become Britain’s best-loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love.
If you share our ambition and our passion, join us on our journey. You can help us shape our new future together.
Reward and Benefits
This role is a Band B in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- Flexible working opportunities – many of our employee's job share or work part-time, flexi-time, compressed hours or with an element of remote working.
- 26 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 28 days
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long term health conditions