In an exciting time of change and growth at LV=GI, as our new addition to the Apex Development team, you’ll join a dynamic and high performing team, contributing to a number of. You will analyse user requirements, designing and building technical solutions and support systems using the full development life cycle within agile methodologies.
At LV=GI we always put the customer first, and our IT department are no exception – focusing on a range of internal customers and stakeholders, you will focus on their priorities and needs and create reliable and effective IT solutions accordingly.
Working closely with others, you will be guided by corporate IT Strategy to ensure continuous improvement, quality assurance and system documentation are delivered accordingly. You will be subject to, and deliver, peer/management review of outputs. Your expertise in Oracle APEX and other tools, will benefit from support of other developers in the team.
What are we looking for?
Your expertise as a full stack Oracle APEX developer and experience working within a SAFe Agile delivery methodology will ensure you become a valuable member of our team. You will be experienced working with others, and able to support your colleagues across the end to end delivery lifecycle.
In addition to your development work, your day to day activities will include the documentation of designs and provision of test support and this will be clearly evidenced in your CV.
You will have significant experience in ORACLE dominated software development environments with material exposure in all of the following areas:
· ORACLE PL/SQL & APEX development experience
· Agile working with issue and project tracking tools (JIRA)
· Software configuration management (GITLAB and other code repositories)
· Release management techniques (Jenkins and DB Deploy)
· Test management & execution (including automation testing – SONAR etc)
· Data analysis tools such as TOAD
In the current climate, you’ll be used to working as part of an extended virtual team, as well as working independently from home.
This is a great time to join the business in a period of change and growth so you’ll be able to take advantage of the many development opportunities in this permanent role.
Why Work for Us?
Exciting things are happening at LV=General Insurance (LV=GI). Having recently become part of the Allianz family, we’re proud to be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK.
Driven by our pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to become Britain’s best-loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love.
Reward and Benefits
This role is a Band B in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- Flexible working opportunities – many of our employee's job share or work part-time, flexi-time, compressed hours or with an element of remote working.
- 26 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 28 days
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long term health conditions