Want to work for a company who is passionate about our people and puts customers at the heart of what we do?
We’re looking for Apprentice Claims Handlers for our motor insurance division. You’ll have great relationship-building skills and share our passion for providing outstanding customer service. You’ll also be an empathetic listener who can adapt your style to get the best outcome for your customers. You will take up an apprenticeship within Insurance, striving toward your professional qualification within insurance – CERT CII Level 3.
- Deliver excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Provide a friendly and personable customer journey
- Stay calm and patient when dealing with challenging and emotional situations
- Let your attitude, work ethic and communications skills shine through
- Relate to our values
We’re looking for brilliant team players who can deal with challenging situations, so if you’re proactive, constructive, organised and can answer ‘yes’ to any of the above, we’d love to hear from you!!
What are we looking for?
You’ll spend most of your time working from home but will join us in one of our friendly offices twice a week. Helping you achieve a good work-life balance is important to us and we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities with you. You’ll be on the phone talking to our customers about their motor insurance claims, you’ll be responsible for liaising with other teams and external suppliers. You’ll take ownership of claims from start to finish, putting your problem-solving skills to good use to resolve each one as quickly as possible.
Our customers’ claims experience is an integral part of their journey with LV=. Whether it’s a motoring incident or a traffic accident, you’ll use your initiative to find solutions that work for our customers and our business, playing a vital role in helping people look after what they love. No day is the same in Claims, so you’ll experience a great deal of variety in the claims you handle, with supportive colleagues giving you a helping hand if needed.
Working up to 37.5 hours per week we can offer you a variety of shift options. Lots of our colleagues work part time hours or flexibly. Just let us know in your application and we can have a chat.
Hours include 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday or 9am – 5pm on weekends and bank holidays, with Claims Handlers working only one Saturday or Sunday in every three weeks.
We’ll provide comprehensive training from your first day, with a mixture of virtual and face to face learning.
Find out more about LV=GI’s brilliant benefits and rewards here
The salary provided is £21,800 for 37.5 hours
Positions available in:
What will you be doing?
- Enjoy 24 days annual leave (increasing with length of service) in addition to your bank holidays with the option of buying or selling additional hours/days
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance for you and your family
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance and a Cycle to work Scheme)
- LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace, there are many D&I networks to get involved with
- All computer equipment provided
- Generous pension scheme - what you pay in is double matched by LV=, up to a maximum employer contribution of 14%
- Free annual eye test and discount towards computer glasses (prescription dependent)
- Incentives to win tickets to sporting events including international cricket and rugby
- A friendly office with free tea, coffee and cold-water machines
- Our Charity and Wellbeing teams’ welcome new members and they help the business give even more back to our community!
- Access to learning and development opportunities such as mentoring schemes, LinkedIn Learning and apprenticeships
Why Work for Us?
These are incredibly exciting times at LV=, we are already one of the largest lines insurers in the UK, and we are part of Allianz which is a world-leading financial services company
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long-term health conditions
This role is a Band A in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.Apply Now