We have a fantastic opportunity to join the GI Sourcing team as an Assistant Sourcing Manager. You will be required to work in the office a minimum of 2 days a week and can be based at the Bristol, Ipswich or Bournemouth office. Other LV office locations may be a possibility, but these three are where the majority of your stakeholders would be.
The role will be working 35hrs a week but for the right applicant we can also consider condensing your working days with flexibility when required to meet business needs.
You will at the direction of the Senior/Category Manager be responsible for sourcing negotiations and renewals to maximise value and innovation whilst minimising risk. You will be preparing RFx tender documents under the direction of senior colleagues, ensuring that all market research/analytics have been completed prior to these being issued to the marketplace.
What are we looking for?
You will have a strong understanding of the Motor Claims end to end processes and products with an understanding of the Customer Journey and how to continually improve service as a key differentiator in the marketplace.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain complex or technical information in a simple way when required with willingness to lead, motivate and inspire others.
You will be able manage relationships with stakeholders and external customers with ability to influence, negotiate and recommend improvements to get the satisfactory resolution.
You will have attention to detail and capability to assess and mitigate relationship issues and commercial risk with strong organisational skills with ability to plan, prioritise and deliver work to timescales.
You will have a good level of PC literacy across the Microsoft Office suite
- Commitment to study towards CIPS qualification
- Previous experience in a Sourcing support role
- Previous Project Management experience
What will you be doing?
Responsible for tactical contract reviews and Sourcing activity, utilising the Business Sourcing Process (BSP) including developing, issuing, and scoring RFI/P as required to ensure LV= secures value in the marketplace.
Engaging proactively with LV= stakeholders to ensure best value solutions and all relevant legal/regulatory/technical requirements are included in our requirements to the market and subsequently embedded in our contract with the successful supplier
Prepare for sign off, RFx tender documents, ensuring that all marketplace assessments have been completed and the intelligence gained factored into the document.
Work collaboratively with the Procurement leadership to maximise throughput of activity through the BSP and capacity planning, ensuring quality focused results are produced.
Leverage the use of existing goods/services on the Preferred Supplier Lists, ensuring demand is challenged and then matched to existing product that LV= has within its inventory before any steps are taken to go to market.
Ensure that the above delivers end-to-end commercial, contractual and relationship lifecycle value, specifically ensuring that:Ensure compliance with the BSP at all times.
- Developing optimum routes to market based on business requirements.
- Understand cost drivers and value levers when formulating specifications, ensuring the value levers are fully understood and a central part of Procurement activity.
Identify, manage and mitigate commercial and supply chain risk, ensuring effective Due Diligence is completed in line with the BSP with appropriate evidence effectively stored post contract signature.
Reward and Benefits
This role is a Band B in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- Flexible working opportunities – many of our employees job share or work part-time, flexi-time, or compressed hours. Our new hybrid working model now offers all employees the option to work from home 3 days a week and 2 days in the office.
- 26 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 28 days
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long term health conditions.Apply Now