Looking for a new career?
We’re looking for Recovery Claims Handlers to join our motor insurance division in April/May 2023 in our friendly Brentwood office. In Recoveries, we have been on a journey to understand how we can help our people be the best they can be. Our leaders are integral to achieving this and if you join our team, you’ll find a welcoming culture, a clear vision and teams of passionate people doing their best for our customers alongside a coaching culture where we want to spend the majority of our time coaching and supporting you.
About the Role
- You’ll seek to make a recovery of our costs from the responsible party whether that’s another insurance company or the other person involved.
- You’ll spend most of your time working from home but will join us in our welcoming office twice a week.
- You’ll start off owning some initiatives’ that we currently have ongoing which will put you in contact with other insurance companies. This will enable you to use your resourcefulness to find solutions that work for our customers and our business.
- You’ll take ownership of a variety of claims from start to finish working them on a case by case basis and making your own decisions on the best outcome in line with how we currently work
- Recommend process or system changes to help us continuously improve our working environment.
- You’ll be able to make your own decisions and are confident in ensuring that these are always driven by data.
Hours include 8am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday, working a total of 37.5 hours per week.
Working up to 37.5 hours per week we can offer you a variety of shift options. Lots of our colleagues work flexibly so just let us know in your application and we can have a chat
We’ll provide comprehensive training from your first day, with a mixture of virtual and face to face learning. Our academy that follows training takes place in our Brentwood office where you can get to know your fellow colleagues face to face.
- You’re able to see the bigger picture and embrace change.
- You’ll have great relationship-building skills and share our passion for providing outstanding customer service in line with LV= claims philosophy and group strategy.
- You’re enthusiastic about learning new skills and self-development.
- You’ll be able to problem solve and negotiate to get the best outcome for us and your customers
- You’re an excellent communicator who can speak to a variety of different people such as customers, solicitors and other insurance companies.
- You always seek ways to improve processes
Find out more about LV=GI’s brilliant benefits and rewards here
The salary provided for 37.5 hours is £23,625 increasing to £24,750 once competency reached
And here’s some of what else is on offer!
- Enjoy 24 days annual leave (increasing with length of service) in addition to your bank holidays with the option of buying or selling additional hours/days
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance for you and your family
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance and a Cycle to work Scheme)
- Volunteer for up to 20 hours per year fully paid with the various charities LV= or you support.
- Mental Health First Aiders available to support all employees and provide access to various channels.
- LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace, there are many D&I networks to get involved with
- Generous pension scheme - what you pay in is doubled matched by LV=, up to a maximum employer contribution of 14%
- Free annual eye test and discount towards computer glasses (prescription dependent)
- Our Employee Engagement and Wellbeing teams’ welcome new members and share local activities going on as well as where you can gain access to
- Access to learning and development opportunities such as mentoring schemes, LinkedIn Learning
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long-term health conditions
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook.Apply Now