We have an exciting brand new role at our Croydon LV=GI office for a Home Recovery Claims Team Leader available!
You will lead, motivate and manage the performance of up to 15 recovery claims handlers, whilst ensuring the customer journey is kept at the heart of the process. The working hours for the role is Monday-Friday 8am-6pm with a minimum of working in the office 2 days a week.
Although ideally experience would be preferred we are open to anyone with insurance, team leader experience.
What are we looking for?
- Proven ability to personally deliver to consistently high standards in a Sales/Customer Service delivery environment
- Experience of working in a busy and pressurised area with an understanding of how to manage teams well in this environment, dealing with a diverse range of people issues
- Aptitude to learn and retain product, regulatory and procedural information on an ongoing basis to a sufficient level to support the team, with the ability to explain technical subjects in an appropriate manner for the team and customers to understand
- The ability to lead and motivate others with a focus on people and their development
- Experience of providing successful coaching and feedback
- The ability to prioritise and manage own workload, delivering on time
- The demonstrated ability to apply sound judgement and negotiating skills to resolve complex customer situations, balancing commercial and customer needs, taking into account cost, quality and time influences sideways and upwards, actively looking and promoting new ways of improving performance
- Experience involving peer team in the development of ideas to improve business performance and establish best practice
- The ability to ensure the delivery, reporting and communication of operational objectives, including the ability to run a project in addition to running your team
What will you be doing?
- To lead, develop, support and motivate team members to achieve agreed targets and objectives using the LV= performance management framework ensuring that operational effectiveness/efficiency is maintained.
- To ensure a team focus on the achievement of activities and targets, which support the achievement of the relevant SBU financial objectives, whilst consistently meeting quality and performance service standards.
- Ability to manage people issues such as absence, performance and behaviour in line with the LV= performance guidelines
- Ensure Customer and internal feedback is acted upon, delivering formal, informal and side by side coaching to team members.
- To be a point of reference and guidance for technical understanding, relevant to SBU and Team, identifying lack of knowledge and coaching them accordingly, ensuring training and development plans are in place and maintained.
- Ensure that team and self comply on an ongoing basis with any legal, regulatory and industry body codes of practice. Managing complaints to level of agreed authority and in line with the LV= complaint handling framework.
- Respond flexibly to customer needs and take responsibility for the resolution of customer enquiries or concerns in accordance with agreed guidelines and procedures
- To plan for and deliver effective utilisation of their resources in accordance with agreed plans in order to meet customer needs
- Encourage and support your team and other operational teams to meet or exceed agreed area Service Levels by actively taking appropriate action to handle overflow activity during peak periods according to business need.
- To identify opportunities for continuous improvement and to assist in the implementation of change initiatives.
- Take ownership of own personal development, maintaining an up to date knowledge of products, services, systems and procedures necessary to carry out the role.
Why Work for Us?
Exciting things are happening at LV=General Insurance (LV=GI). Having recently become part of the Allianz family, we’re proud to be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK.
Driven by our pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to become Britain’s best-loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love.
Reward and Benefits
This role is a Band B in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- Flexible working opportunities – many of our employee's job share or work part-time, flexi-time, compressed hours or with an element of remote working.
- 26 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 28 days
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long term health conditions