About the Role
LV= General Insurance are looking for a Pricing Manager to join our Actuarial Analysis Development team. We're seeking a true expert who will take the responsibility for defining and delivering pricing analysis, processes and controls to support the delivery of agreed pricing strategies
Based in our Croydon office on a hybrid basis, you'll work closely with the wider Pricing team to help us shape the future path of Pricing by integrating our models into customer rating across our product range.
LV= General Insurance are part of Allianz Group. This brings with it the opportunity to share and learn from modelling best practices across the globe, through Allianz’s Technical Excellence Certification program. The role sits within the Pricing Technical Excellence team, and involves managing a team of analysts, as well as forming relationships across numerous teams and departments within both LV= and Allianz Group
You'll be our true expert and the advocate for change! We're seeking someone who can combine solid pricing technical expertise with challenging the status quo to introduce innovation.
Ideally, you'll have previous experience with insurance products, however we'll consider candidates from other backgrounds. You'll also have previous exposure to the use of Machine Learning modelling techniques in an insurance setting.
As part of the role, you'll be collaborating with a skilled pricing team and making sure that we utilise everyone's Talent to their maximum potential! This role is a fantastic opportunity to combine the technical expertise with top - class people management, so you'll also have experience of managing and mentoring junior team members.
Further experience and knowledge we will look for;
- Educated to degree level in a numerate subject
- Actuarial qualification is desirable
- Significant pricing or reserving experience
- Excellent working knowledge of actuarial methods and principles, ideally in a pricing context including the use of Actuarial software. Data science skills are preferable.
- Experience of managing pricing analysts is preferable
- To manage the delivery of new Pricing Forecasts for the Pricing function.
- Build an automated process to project claims to ultimate using best practice technqiues, including developing a claims monitoring process
- Work with various stakeholders to ensure inputs into the Forecast are robust
- Co-ordinate the roll-out of the new Forecast across all Products
- Work with the Technical Pricing teams to ensure the technical premium models reflect the latest view of risk
- Stay abreast of industry best practice on actuarial methodologies and competitor insights
- Provide guidance on the interpretation / limitations of the Pricing Forecasts
- Provide input into innovative ways of carrying out Forecasting work to improve accuracy and efficiency. This might include data science techniques
- Adhere to high model govenernance standards
- To deputise for the relevant Head of Actuarial Pricing and support the delivery of the Pricing Strategy
- To manage and develop the pricing analysts within the pricing team.
Why Work for Us?
Exciting things are happening at LV=General Insurance (LV=GI). Having recently become part of the Allianz family, we’re proud to be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK.
Driven by our pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to become Britain’s best-loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love.
About the Benefits
This role is Senior Associate cluster in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our clusters, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
Flexible working opportunities – many of our employees job-share or work part-time, flexi-time, or compressed hours.
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- An excellent pension plan (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- Other flexible benefits including discounted retail vouchers and dental insurance
- 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long-term health conditionsApply Now