About the Role
LV= General Insurance is the #1 Personal Insurer in the UK and multi-award winning, with nearly 3 million customers and aspirations for future growth. With this in mind the Pricing department is looking for a Graduates to join the team with a analytical mind.
The purpose of the role is to undertake statistical analysis to support product and pricing development, improving the pricing and products we offer to our customers.
This role can be based in the Birmingham or Croydon office on a Hybrid basis. We adopt a flexible working environment with a strong focus on continuous learning and development.
When it comes to flexible working, we’ll do our best to accommodate your needs. At LV= General Insurance many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, from part-time, flexi-time, job shares, an element of working from home or compressed hours.
We want the best people working at our organisation and we recognise that those people aren’t always available full-time.
So if you need any adjustments, let us know during your interview. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
You will have an analytical mind and a keen interest in helping drive data-led decision making across Pricing. You’ll have strong Excel skills, and ideally experience in one or more programming languages such as SQL, SAS, Python or R. You’ll also be a great communicator, with the ability to present your ideas to stakeholders from around the business.
The most important aspect is your attitude - you'll be curious, inquisitive and very details oriented to be successful in the role and our team will work with you to build your experience and expertise in the Pricing area.
At LV= General Insurance we’re open to candidates with a range of experience and backgrounds: you might be a new graduate with a numeric degree, a career changer looking to move into an analytical role, or have self-taught coding skills which you want to put to use a new role.
You will deliver pricing analysis and provide accurate and relevant business information using a variety of software including SAS, Radar and Excel. You will interpret the output and communicate the results to both technical & non-technical audiences.
You will be required to consider the LV values and customer impacts when proposing pricing changes, appropriately documenting work for implementation and future reference or review.
You will deliver project work and reviews or analysis to agreed business timescales. You will understand requirements in Pricing meetings and document important decisions and challenges from the forum.
In addition to this you will build and maintain relationships with teams involved in the Pricing end-to-end delivery process, working with the wider Pricing team to understand best practices and keep aligned with the best ways of working.
Why Work for Us?
Exciting things are happening at LV=General Insurance (LV=GI). Having recently become part of the Allianz family, we’re proud to be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK.
Driven by our pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to become Britain’s best-loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love.
Real opportunity for development and progression:
- Structured Career Progression Framework: Opportunity to progress to a Senior and Principal
- Dedicated Personal Development conversations with your manager
- Access to our internal Mentoring programme
- Through our membership with the Insurance Cultural Awareness Network (iCAN) LV= Employees have access to their Inspire mentoring programme: The INspire mentoring program model offers access to senior executive mentors, supports the building of strong mentoring relationships, and significantly enhances the level of socialisation opportunities for professional and personal development across the industry for people of BAME, multicultural or international backgrounds or heritage.
- Training: Coding in languages such as Python and use of specialist software such as WTW Radar, Databricks etc
About the Rewards
This role is a Associate cluster in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our clusters, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- Flexible working opportunities – many of our employees job share or work part-time, flexi-time, or compressed hours. Our new hybrid working model now offers all employees the option to work from home 3 days a week and 2 days in the office.
- 26 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 28 days. Plus Bank Holidays.
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance.
- Sustainability Initiatives.
- Focus on wellbeing, MHFAs: From our company culture, to our ways of working, we put our people at the heart of everything we do.
- Diversity & Inclusion: We believe fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is key to the successful delivery of our future strategy. Our Diversity and Inclusion programme challenges us to provide inclusive products for our customers and members and to ensure our workplace is accessible and inclusive for all. Our vision is to foster an inclusive culture and diverse workforce which values individual difference and where everybody can live confident, driving better customer and financial outcomes.
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long term health conditions
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook.
If you share our ambition and our passion, join us on our journey. You can help us shape our new future togetherApply Now