About the Role
LV= General Insurance have an exciting opportunity to join our Motor Portfolio Pricing Team as a Principal Pricing Analyst.
As a Principal Pricing Analyst you will play a crucial role in driving innovation that adds value across the company. You will use your insurance market knowledge and pricing expertise to develop and implement optimisation strategies for our Motor business that enable us to deliver on our business objectives. You will also be responsible for communicating the expected impacts to stakeholders across the business.
As a trusted subject matter expert in your chosen field, you will act as a consultant to teams across Pricing, and provide training and mentoring to upskill colleagues. If you are looking to progress your career to the next level and take on people management responsibilities, there is also that opportunity for the right candidate.
The role will be based in our Croydon offices, with the option to work from home up to 3 days per week or other flexible working arrangements. We want the best people working at our organisation and we recognise that those people aren’t always available full-time. So if you need any adjustments, let us know during your interview. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
So, is this opportunity right for you?
You’ll have experience working in an insurance pricing function, and you’ll be looking to take the next step in your career to use your experience to take charge of major projects and to influence LV=’s strategy for Motor pricing. You will look at how things are done today and identify opportunities to improve them.
You’ll be keen to learn and proactively develop your career, and we’ll provide many opportunities and support, including:
- Access to the AllianzU platform for a wide range of learning resources to target the areas you want to improve
- Learning resources to improve and maintain your data science skills including a company subscription to DataCamp
- Generous study support packages if you want to work towards becoming a qualified actuary or another professional qualification
- The chance to be mentored by experts in the field, and to mentor junior team members in your chosen subject
- Opportunities to diversify your experience across a variety of product lines and secondment opportunities to other departments across LV=
It’ll be up to you to direct your personal development, and we’ll be there every step of the way to support you and give you opportunities to put the knowledge you gain into practice!
We don't expect you to know everything from day one, but you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working in an insurance pricing role.
- An understanding of modelling techniques, including GLMs and GBMs and their application to insurance pricing.
- Knowledge of price optimisation and the general insurance regulatory environment.
- Thorough knowledge of Willis Towers Watson’s software Radar and Emblem or similar.
- Proficiency in Excel and MS Office or equivalent applications.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships throughout both the Pricing Department and the wider business.
- Experience of planning and managing projects from inception to completion within business timelines.
- A passion for sharing knowledge in an informative and engaging way to upskill the Pricing team and build LV=‘s reputation as industry leaders in pricing.
- Comprehensive experience of price optimisation in Motor and/or Home insurance. The ability to slot into the Pricing team as a subject matter expert in your area of expertise.
- Excellent data handling skills using SAS and/or SQL. Experience in a data science programming language, preferably Python.
- Knowledge of Agile project management processes.
Customers are at the heart of everything that we do, so you’ll need to live the LV= values and consider customer impacts when proposing pricing changes, appropriately documenting work for implementation and future reference. You'll need to carry out and deliver pricing analysis, interpret the output and communicate the results to a technical and non-technical audience. Providing accurate, timely and relevant internal business information, forecasts and analysis.
You’ll be working with the wider Pricing team and Data Science team to develop and implement best practices. You'll deliver project work and analysis to agreed business timescales, influence and interpret project requirements from Pricing meetings and document important decisions and challenges from the senior stakeholders. In addition to this you will build and maintain relationships with teams involved in the Pricing end-to-end delivery process and across the company
Why Work for Us?
Exciting things are happening at LV=General Insurance (LV=GI). Having recently become part of the Allianz family, we’re proud to be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK.
Driven by our pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to become Britain’s best-loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love.
About the Rewards
This role is a Senior Associate cluster in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our clusters, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
Flexible working opportunities – many of our employees job share or work part-time, flexi-time, or compressed hours. Our new hybrid working model now offers all employees the option to work from home 3 days a week and 2 days in the office.
30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
An excellent pension plan (please click here to read more about it)
An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
Private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
Other flexible benefits including discounted retail vouchers and dental insurance
25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long term health conditions
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on FacebookApply Now