Britannia Rescue is one of the UK’s most trusted providers of breakdown cover. Our parent company, LV=, are committed to delivering outstanding customer service across all their insurance products, and Britannia Rescue is no exception. Our team in Huddersfield is driven by pride and passion – we always do the right thing when it comes to roadside assistance, because that's what inspires loyalty and trust in our people and our products.
What you'll be doing:
You’ll spend your time on the phone to our customers providing roadside assistance for breakdowns - you could be speaking to a vulnerable driver or a family whose car has broken down in the pouring rain, so you’ll need to step up in their hour of need with compassion, empathy and a helping hand.
By providing you with the right tools, training and support, we’ll set you on the road to being a Britannia Rescue ambassador, empowered to resolve every call in the best way possible.
We’re looking for Customer Service Representatives to work in our Huddersfield call centre, helping customers to resolve their breakdown and motor recovery issues as quickly and efficiently as possible. Previous customer service experience is great, but what’s most important is that you have the right attitude, dedication and commitment to great customer service, as well as a calm and reassuring manner and outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
Start date: 19th September 2022 with a salary of £21,801.00
We’re open for our customers 24/7; however your shifts will range between 7am and 9pm.
Our working hours reflect that:
- Your shifts will vary on a weekly basis to cover these hours. Typical shifts are 7am – 3:30pm, 9am-5:30pm or 12:30pm – 9pm.
- You will be working 37.5 hours a week, on an 8 week rolling rota basis. Over the 8 weeks, you’ll normally be required to work 2 in every 4 weekend
We’ll be getting everyone back together in our Huddersfield call centre as soon as we can, so you’ll need to be local to the West Yorkshire area.
Why Work for Us?
We have ambitious plans that will bring opportunities for all of our people. In addition, we are changing gear, working with a new energy that will see us transform our company, industry and beyond.
We have a vision to become Britain's Best loved, and a strong sense of purpose to help our customers look after what they love. We are passionate and proud about what we do. We will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers.
If you share our ambition and our passion, join us on our journey. You can help us shape our new future together.
Reward and Benefits
This role is a Band A in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- Flexible working opportunities – many of our employees job share or work part-time, flexi-time, or compressed hours. Our new hybrid working model now offers all employees the option to work from home 3 days a week and 2 days in the office.
- 24 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long term health conditions.Apply Now