LV General Insurance are looking for a Data Architect to join the team in either London, Bristol or Bournemouth.
This is a unique opportunity for a highly experienced Data Architect to work closely with one of the UK financial service industry’s leading data science teams. The objective is to deliver a cutting edge, cloud-based data platform that will lay the foundations for our machine learning initiatives, and wider business data needs.
We are searching for someone at the top of their field, with extensive, proven experience in architecting and delivering enterprise data solutions within the financial services sector as part of a team. The successful candidate must have a passion for data, knowledge of current and emerging technologies and a drive to lead the delivery of practical solutions, contribute to the data strategy at a functional level, and set best practices.
To find out more about our Data Science team and our Partnership with Bristol University please see link below:
Talk to us about flexible working . . .
When it comes to flexible working, we’ll do our best to accommodate your needs. At LV= General Insurance many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, from part-time, flexi-time, job shares, an element of working from home or compressed hours.
We want the best people working at our organisation and we recognise that those people aren’t always available full-time.
So if you need any adjustments, let us know during your interview. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
What are we looking for?
You will need to have proven knowledge in architecting and delivering enterprise data solutions, working with data lakes, big data, steamed data, managing metadata, ETL, data warehousing and data visualisation. In addition, you will have in depth knowledge of data governance and experience in master and reference data management data modelling large datasets of customer data, including PII
Ideally you will have knowledge of change data capture tools, cloud technologies (preferably Azure), APIs and software delivery lifecycle.
What will you be doing?
Your role will vary day to day, but here is a bit of what you can expect:
- Architecting Enterprise Data Solutions
- You will Partner with data teams to define the vision, goals and objectives
- Data modelling, including the reverse engineering of live systems
- Define business objects and associated events
- Master and reference data management
- Define data structure, integration, storage, maintenance and access
- Ensure consistent, accurate, complete, accessible and timely data.
- Work with very large datasets, including those with PII data.
- Data Governance
- Data quality
- Data dictionary / catalogue
- Data lineage
- Data access / security
- GDPR compliance
- Establish roles and responsibilities
- Leading advocate for the platform within the business
- Promote data as an asset
- Communicating with technical and business stakeholders
Why Work for Us?
Exciting things are happening at LV= General Insurance (GI). Having joined forces with Allianz, we’re proud to now be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK. Working with a new energy, we’re shifting gear and transforming our company, industry and beyond. And we’re just getting started.
Driven by pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to become Britain’s best loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love.
Reward and Benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here.
We’ll give you:
- Flexible working opportunities – many of our employee's job share or work part-time, flexi-time, compressed hours or with an element of remote working.
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- An excellent pension plan (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- Other flexible benefits including discounted retail vouchers and dental insurance
- 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long term health conditions