Are you looking for a new opportunity in 2021? If so, we are excited to welcome several Graduate/Entry Level Data Engineers to join our fast growing and hugely successful Data Science team, made up of talented and diverse Data Scientists and Data Engineers.
As a Data Engineer, you will help build end-to-end machine learning solutions across the entire business, engaging a wide variety of applications. The team operates as a consultancy within the business, working closely with different business areas to identify opportunities and develop solutions, driving the implementation of Machine Learning across the entire organisation. To achieve this there is a focus on the delivery and realisation of benefits.
You will liaise with business subject matter experts to achieve a common understanding of the business, challenges, their needs, data requirements and expected output. You'll take responsibility for the operationalisation of ML models, including establishing and maintaining best practices and patterns for development, testing, and deployment. You'll develop automated processes for integrating data and providing it to analytics users in an appropriate format.
This is an opportunity for someone with curiosity to look beyond raw data and tell the story behind it. The role offers a chance to develop and operationalise innovative ML solutions, to answer key business questions and improve business processes by leveraging machine learning. The possibilities are huge!
There will be plenty of opportunities to develop your career within LV= GI and training will be provided depending on your individual needs.
We have roles available across sites in London, Bristol & Bournemouth and you’ll be working closely with the entire team across these offices. The Bristol office is part of our partnership with the University of Bristol – to find out more about the team and the partnership, please click on the links below:
What are we looking for?
Data Science is a fast-moving field with continuous innovation, as such we will fully support you in your work and personal development to achieve your full potential. To ensure you get the best start, you should ideally have a numerate degree and experience of programming in Python. These roles could be suitable for someone who will be/has recently graduated and is looking to utilise their statistical analysis or data engineering skillset, but is equally suitable for someone with a few years of relevant experience post-graduation.
Knowledge of machine learning tools and techniques would be beneficial, and the fast-moving nature of the industry requires the ability to learn quickly. The Data Science team, operating as an internal consultancy with a highly commercial function, requires excellent communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
As a Graduate Data Engineer you should have knowledge and experience of at least two of the below:
- Experience with at least one language commonly used in Data Science domain, e.g. Python, R, SQL (incl. common ML packages & REST web services)Familiarity with data storage, manipulation and extraction tools. Including relational databases, unstructured / NoSQL data stores, ETL, and query processing
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms & concepts (ideally within the Azure cloud)
- Some familiarity with monitoring, backup and DR of data or service hosting systems
- Some familiarity with GDPR and other relevant legislation
- Knowledge of ML model operationalisation technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker)
What will you be doing?
We recognise it will take time to learn the role and find your feet, and we will be there to support you as you develop. As you grow into the role, you could have the following responsibilities;
- Establishing and maintaining a working knowledge of machine learning techniques and solutions used within LV=GI
- Building, deploying, and evaluating different machine learning models to answer business questions.
- Learning new techniques and sharing knowledge both within and outside the company.
- Contributing to the achievement of business objectives, by assisting members of the team and wider business, in particular by providing technical input and working with Senior Data Scientists and Engineers to help deliver business transformation projects.
We will be looking to hold the online assessment days during September 2021 (details will be provided closer to the time)
Reward and Benefits
This role is a Band B in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 26 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 28 days
- a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- a flexible benefits package(e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel and up to 50% discount on your car insurance.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook. We’re also proud to say we’re an equal opportunities employer. Why not follow us on Glassdoor and take the opportunity to see real reviews of what it’s like to work hereApply Now