Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity in 2022? If so, we are excited to be recruiting Graduate Data Scientists into our growing and hugely successful team which is made up of talented and diverse individuals including PhD graduates.
As part of the Data Science team, you will help LV= GI build end to end machine learning solutions across the entire business, working on a wide variety of applications. The team operate as a consultancy within the business, working closely with different parts of the business to find solutions, driving the implementation of Machine Learning across the entire organisation with a focus on the delivery and realisation of benefits.
You will be involved in all aspects of the project from data collection, model building and evaluation and deployment.
You will also be involved in development of new and innovative tools and techniques for use across the team through internal innovation projects and university research partnerships.
This is an opportunity for someone with curiosity, to look beyond raw data and tell the story behind it. The role offers a chance to develop and operationalise analytics solutions, to answer key business questions and improve business processes by leveraging machine learning. The possibilities are huge!
There will be plenty of opportunities to develop your career within LV=GI and training will be provided depending on your individual needs.
We have roles available across sites in London, Bristol & Bournemouth and you’ll be working closely with the entire team across these offices.
We have partnered with The University of Bristol and you will be working closely with the teams in Bristol, Bournemouth & London to find out more about our partnership please click on the click below or why not pop in and visit some of our team in the Merchant Ventures building.
What are we looking for?
Progression through Data Science is a big commitment, and we are prepared to fully support you in your work and studies to achieve your full potential. To ensure you are ready to get the best start, you should ideally have a numerate degree and experience of programming in Python or R.
Knowledge of machine learning techniques including linear models, tree based methods and Deep Learning would be beneficial. The ability to learn quickly and convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience are skills we place a heavy emphasis on. Having a PhD or Masters is not a prerequisite but may help demonstrate some of the skills we are looking for.
The role could be suitable for someone who is due to graduate or has already graduated and is looking to utilise their statistical analysis skills, but is equally suitable for someone with a few years of experience post-graduation.
The Data Science team is a highly commercial function who communicate with a broad range of audiences, so please be prepared to show us your excellent communication skills both in your CV, and if selected, in person as well.
What will you be doing?
We recognise it will take time to learn the role and find your feet, and we will be there to support you as you develop. As you grow into the role, you could have the following responsibilities;
- Establishing and then maintaining a working knowledge of machine learning techniques and algorithms used within LV=GI, so that the business needs are met and can be exceeded.
- Building, analysing and evaluating different machine learning models to answer business questions.
- Ensuring that all work is produced to a high level of quality and a timely manner so that outcomes of the business objectives are met and can be exceeded.
- Learning new data science techniques and sharing knowledge within and outside the company at relevant technical meetings.
- Contribution to the development of new data science tools and techniques as part of internal innovation projects and university research partnerships.
- Contributing to the achievement of business objectives, by assisting members of the team and wider business, in particular by providing technical support and working with Senior Data Scientists to help deliver business transforming projects.
We will be looking to hold an online assessment day in February 2022 (details will be provided closer to the time)
Reward and Benefits
This role is a Band B in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 26 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 28 days
- a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- a flexible benefits package(e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel and up to 50% discount on your car insurance.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook. We’re also proud to say we’re an equal opportunities employer. Why not follow us on Glassdoor and take the opportunity to see real reviews of what it’s like to work hereApply Now