LV=GI are currently seeking Financial Systems Developer to support the Financial Systems team in the design, implementation and ongoing management for project related work that will require development to be added to the corporate accounting platform. Reporting to the Technical Manager, you'll assist in the production of Financial Reporting and MI from source underwriting system and from all the financial systems.
You'll also take the lead on development of Oracle E-Business Suite, including writing interfaces to and from source systems ensuring data and accounting integrity are always maintained. Working with the Technical Manager, you'll make sure all code is documented and change managed into production ensuring the segregation of duties. IN addition, you'll lead on all development using PL/SQL, OA Framework, Workflow Builder, Java and any other relevant development tools.
What are we looking for?
You'll act as a true expert and use technical knowledge and experience to develop innovative solutions to very complex issues and act as expert within and outside own discipline. When it comes to your skills & qualifications, you'll have experience in developing 4GL languages. Ideally, you'll hold a current Programming Qualification. Preferably with solid Oracle Financials E-Business suite experience. Your experience using Oracle reporting tools, such as Oracle Discoverer and Oracle Reports will allow you contribute to short to medium term planning and implementation of finance strategy.
What will you be doing?
- Demonstrate a systematic approach to problem solving with the ability to perform in depth analysis, diagnose issues and develop solutions.
- Sound knowledge of SQL and some experience of PL-SQL programming including exposure to specialist tools such as TOAD, MySQL, Dataload, Workflow Builder, FTP utilities and J-Developer
- Advanced MS Excel and Access skills including development of Macros, Functions, Pivot tables and ODBC data connectivity
- Some understanding of complex system configuration including descriptive flexfields, profile options and system setup parameters.
- Experience of Oracle reporting tools such as Oracle Reports, Report eXchange Designer, XML Publisher, OBIEE
- Excellent written and presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
Why Work for Us?
These are incredibly exciting times here at LV= General Insurance (GI). We are already one of the largest personal lines insurers in the UK and at the end of the year we will become part of Allianz, a world-leading financial services company. This means things are changing - quickly - and for the better.
We have ambitious plans that will bring opportunities for all of our people. In addition, we are changing gear, working with a new energy that will see us transform our company, industry and beyond.
We have a vision to become Britain's Best loved, and a strange sense of purpose to help our customers look after what they love. We are passionate and proud about what we do. We will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers.
If you share our ambition and our passion, join us on our journey. You can help us shape our new future together.
Reward and Benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here.
We’ll give you:
- Flexible working opportunities – many of our employee's job share or work part-time, flexi-time, compressed hours or with an element of remote working.
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- An excellent pension plan (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- Other flexible benefits including discounted retail vouchers and dental insurance
- 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long term health conditions