Following the launch of UK’s first of its kind electric vehicle insurance in April 2019, LV= has become the market leader in electric car insurance. We are passionate about the mainstream adoption of electric vehicles and therefore have formed a brand new LV= ElectriX venture.
At ElectriX, our vision is to help people make an easy and informed switch to an electric car through provision of market-leading products and services – all in one place. ElectriX takes drivers on a journey of electric car discovery, from helping people decide on whether an electric car is right for them, through to understanding how to charge an electric car, and what it will cost to own and run one. We offer everything someone needs to get them on the road with an electric car – from the car and smart home charger, and of course, electric car insurance. And our ambition doesn’t stop there.
So where do you come in… You will have flexibility and adaptability to operate in a fast moving start-up like environment where there is no known precedent, at the same time backed by one of the UK and World’s largest insurers LV GI and Allianz. You will be setting the agenda and be able to shift the focus as needed.
As the lead UX Designer in the team, you’ll be able to innovate, be hands-on and own the full end to end design lifecycle from research through to interaction design, shaping the new products and services and bringing them to market. At the same time, you will also have leadership skills to set up the UX function in a start-up environment that will develop and grow electric car ecosystem strategy, products and propositions.
This will be a hybrid role, requiring working from a office 2 days a week. The successful applicant can be based in London, Bournemouth, Bristol or Birmingham. There may be the requirement to travel to other LV offices on occasion.
- To understand key usability and research methods and develop a deep understanding of our users, their needs, behaviours, desires, and bring that insight into the heart of all design.
- To define and update personas and information architecture.
- To create user flows, sketches, sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes, make independent design decisions and justify them.
- To put things into the hands of customers quickly and often, working with team members to use customer feedback to iterate a product or idea.
- To ensure the quality of interfaces implemented by developers.
- To design digital first user interactions (web, mobile, tablet, email, apps etc.) which are intuitive to use and reflect business goals whilst adhering to best practice user experience design principles.
- To effectively lead user experience activities from scoping to delivery within LV= ElectriX projects prioritising and managing several milestones and projects efficiently, and providing expert input into the end-to-end customer journey ensuring the delivery and realisation of customer value.
- To support LV= ElectriX proposition developments including customer research, focus groups, usability design and testing working with 3rd party research, UX and digital agencies as required.
- To apply industry best practice for usability, design and functionality to effectively meet evolving customer needs, capitalising on digital, market trends and new technologies that enable us to remain one step ahead of the competition.
- To demonstrate strong commercial awareness and customer focus in conjunction with a clear passion for user-driven design.
- To work effectively in cross-functional teams in the definition, design and delivery of innovative digital user experiences – from user research and concept developments through to production quality design.
- To liaise with LV UX team, partners, and 3rd party suppliers as required; ensuring brand and user design consistency and best-practice policy and standards are delivered in support of all of ElectriX services.
- To set up and lead ElectriX end to end design process/framework for delivering best-in-class user experiences and be a leader and champion of UX design, design thinking and UCD best practice within the LV= ElectriX,.
What are we looking for?
- +5 years’ experience with a solid track record of delivering products and services that customers love
- Proficient with the UX toolkit including Axure, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Sketch, Figma
- Expertise in design thinking and user centred design (UCD) and user experience methodologies, digital journey development and delivery
- Solid understanding of accessibility, usability, information architecture (IA), design principles and methodologies, tools and suppliers
- Strong oral and written communication skills (technical and non-technical) are a must
- Innovative and creative thinker with the ability to take the feedback, make pragmatic decisions and deliver
- Ability to work across multiple functions and in a virtual team environment
- Ability to provide thought leadership and proactively challenge the status-quo
- Ability to champion and inspire others to achieve successful outcomes
- Understand what makes a full design system, so these practices ensure a product can scale effectively with design and development completely aligned
- Analytical thinking process, easily recognising key assumptions and seeking ways to quickly confirm or invalidate them
- Understanding of a range of user research methods and experience in producing clear research plans
- Taken part in design sprints with the ability to rapidly move from customer insight to concept to MVP
- Bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction (HCI)
What will you be doing?
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here.
We’ll give you:
- Flexible working opportunities – many of our employee's job share or work part-time, flexi-time, compressed hours or with an element of remote working.
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- An excellent pension plan (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- Other flexible benefits including discounted retail vouchers and dental insurance
- 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long term health conditions
Why Work for Us?
These are incredibly exciting times here at LV= General Insurance (GI). We are already one of the largest personal lines insurers in the UK and at the end of the year we will become part of Allianz, a world-leading financial services company. This means things are changing - quickly - and for the better.
We have ambitious plans that will bring opportunities for all of our people. In addition, we are changing gear, working with a new energy that will see us transform our company, industry and beyond.
We have a vision to become Britain's Best loved, and a strange sense of purpose to help our customers look after what they love. We are passionate and proud about what we do. We will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers.
If you share our ambition and our passion, join us on our journey. You can help us shape our new future together.Apply Now