LV= General Insurance are looking for a Motor Risk Modelling Manager to join our Croydon team. We're seeking a true expert who will take the responsibility for building, developing and maintaining our Motor Technical Premium Models, and using them to accurately manage the insurance risk of the business we write. You'll work closely with the wider Pricing team and help us shape the future path of Pricing by integrating our models into customer rating across both our Retail and Broker Motor Portfolios.
LV= General Insurance are part of Allianz Group. This brings with it the opportunity to share and learn from modelling best practices across the globe, through Allianz’s Technical Excellence Certification program. The role sits within the Pricing Technical Excellence team, and involves managing a team of analysts, as well as forming relationships across numerous teams and departments within both LV= and Allianz Group.
What are we looking for?
You'll be our true expert and the advocate for change! We're seeking someone who can combine solid pricing technical expertise with challenging the status quo to introduce innovation.
Your significant experience within pricing will be critical in building and implementing Technical Premium models into Motor Insurance Pricing. Ideally, you'll have previous experience with the Motor insurance product, however we'll consider candidates from other backgrounds such as Home insurance. You'll also have previous exposure to the use of Machine Learning modelling techniques in an insurance setting.
As part of the role, you'll be collaborating with a skilled pricing team and making sure that we utilise everyone's Talent to their maximum potential! This role is a fantastic opportunity to combine the technical expertise with top - class people management, so you'll also have experience of managing and mentoring junior team members.
What will you be doing?
- To deputise for the Head of Motor Technical Pricing, and contribute to Pricing Technical Excellence strategy.
- To coordinate the delivery of technical projects to improve underwriting performance against common technical modelling standards and adherence to data controls.
- To ensure that the standards achieved by the team progress towards Market Leading accreditation, in Allianz’s Technical Excellence Certification program.
- To collaborate with Portfolio pricing teams on technical modelling projects to ensure common approaches, and to act as a mentor and central point of contact to spread knowledge and understanding of machine learning and other technical modelling techniques around the wider team.
- To manage and develop the more junior pricing analysts within the pricing team.
- To ensure that modelling decisions follow regulatory guidance and reflect the values of LV.
- To advance the technical sophistication of Pricing modelling over successive projects, and build a common reporting suite for evaluation of model build and performance in action.
- To define ‘fit for purpose’ structured MI as the basis for technical modelling and to explore the wider LV data assets for their predictive worth.
Why Work for Us?
Exciting things are happening at LV=General Insurance (LV=GI). Having recently become part of the Allianz family, we’re proud to be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK.
Driven by our pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to become Britain’s best-loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love.
Reward and Benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- Flexible working opportunities – many of our employees job share or work part-time, flexi-time, or compressed hours. Our new hybrid working model now offers all employees the option to work from home 3 days a week and 2 days in the office.
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- An excellent pension plan (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- Other flexible benefits including discounted retail vouchers and dental insurance
- 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long term health conditions