In the role of Polaris Developer you will analyse user requirements, design and build technical solutions and support product solutions, using POLARIS Product Writer, which satisfy customer needs and priorities using the full development life cycle.
Working within LV=GI IT standards, guided by the corporate IT strategy, you will deliver high standards of quality and performance. As a Polaris Developer, you will use defined tools within existing methodologies including multi-disciplinary agile teams. You will embrace our collaborative culture, and be involved in peer and management review of yours and others' work.
Whilst this is an initial 8 months' fixed term position, you will have the opportunity to work on a prestigious project at LV=General Insurance, adding a leading brand to your CV. You'll also be eligible for all of the benefits described below, and there is scope for extension of your contract as the project continues into 2023.
What are we looking for?
As a developer with a proven track record of POLARIS Product writer and experience of working across general insurance - ideally motor, you will be a great fit to this role. Your background in general insurance will enable you to fully understand and realise the business' needs. Your previous work with internal team members across multiple locations will equip you with the strategies to work collaboratively in our current covid measures, as well as being a trusted developer to work independently with minimal supervision.
Your CV should demonstrate your previous material exposure to the following areas:
- Pricing analysis and analytical
- Product Delivery
- Polaris RTE and Product Writer configuration exposure
- Release management techniques exposure
- Test management & execution experience
You will have experience in developing and maintaining schemes in IHP and non-IHP environments according to Broker Software House (SWH) specifications.
If you are a great communicator in spoken and written media to stakeholders at different levels of seniority and technical competence, and can use your strong business analysis and technical software development skills to turn business requirements into real deliverables then we would like to hear from you.
Your experience working on projects that have large impacts on wider organisations will make you a great addition to our team and support. You appreciate that on a Fixed Term Contract, you can make a big impact and shape the business, whilst taking advantage of all the benefits, internal development and career opportunities that LV=GI and Allianz Holdings have to offer.
Reward and Benefits
This role is a Band B in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- Flexible working opportunities – many of our employees job share or work part-time, flexi-time, or compressed hours. Our new hybrid working model now offers all employees the option to work from home 3 days a week and 2 days in the office.
- 26 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 28 days
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long term health conditions