LV= General Insurance is a large, multi-award-winning insurance company, with nearly 7 million customers and aspirations for future growth. Our Pricing Department is undertaking several exciting projects to help us shape the insurance landscape of the future and with that, we're currently recruiting for a number of roles within our Team!
Based across several different sites (Brentwood, Croydon, and Birmingham), we're looking for talented Pricing Analysts to undertake statistical analysis and support product and pricing development, improving the pricing and products we offer to our customers. So whether you're at the beginning of your career or already have some Pricing experience under your belt, we'd love to hear from you!
What are we looking for?
So, is it the right opportunity for you?
You'll be curious and keen to develop to become our trusted expert in the field of Pricing. While on the journey, you'll be supported by the team to grow and develop with the more technical aspects of the role. You'll have an analytical mind and a keen interest in helping drive data-led decision making across Pricing. You'll have strong Excel skills, and ideally experience in one or more programming languages such as SQL, SAS, Python or R. You'll also be a great communicator, with the ability to present your ideas to stakeholders from around the business.
At LV= GI we're open to candidates with a range of experience and backgrounds: you might be a new graduate with a numeric degree, a career changer looking to move into an analytical role, or have self-taught coding skills which you want to put to use a new role.
We don't expect you to know everything from day one, but the following will enable you to hit the ground running:
- Solid knowledge of relevant statistical modelling methods – in particular GLMs
- Interest in relevant machine learning techniques – in particular GBMs
- Excellent data handling skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships throughout both the Pricing Department and the wider business
What will you be doing?
You’ll carry out and deliver pricing analysis, interpret the output and communicate the results to a technical & non-technical audience. With time, you’ll be involved in providing accurate, timely and relevant internal business information, forecasts and analysis.
As a key member of the team, you’ll deliver project work and reviews / analysis to agreed business timescales based on requirements from Pricing and business – wide meetings. With that, you’ll collaborate with various stakeholders and work with the business to understand best practices and keep aligned with the best ways of working.
Your role will vary day to day, but here is a bit of what you can expect:
- Assist in carrying out risk model updates – continually looking to improve data and processes
- Work with different teams and stakeholders to achieve an understanding of their needs, data requirements and expected modelling outcomes
- Get hands-on with data from its source right through to modelling and then implementation into rating
- Analyse data, interpret output and communicate results to a non-technical audience
- Supporting the production, interpretation and communication of key metrics to the wider business
- Work with the Data Enrichment team to obtain and use third-party and internally-generated data sources to enhance models
Why Work for Us?
Exciting things are happening at LV=General Insurance (LV=GI). Having recently become part of the Allianz family, we’re proud to be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK.
Driven by our pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to become Britain’s best-loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love.
Reward and Benefits
This role is a Band B in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- Flexible working opportunities – many of our employees job share or work part-time, flexi-time, or compressed hours. Our new hybrid working model now offers all employees the option to work from home 3 days a week and 2 days in the office.
- 26 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 28 days
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long term health conditions