A fantastic opportunity has become available within Pricing Department at LV= General Insurance! Our Pricing Team is undertaking several exciting projects to help us shape the insurance landscape of the future and with that, we're seeking an experienced People Leader to help us create a customer centric and collaborative environment for our well - established team! In this role, you'll form solid relationships across a number of LV teams and manage and develop more junior members of the team.
We're seeking a true expert, someone who can combine excellent people leadership skills with industry top - class delivery of pricing analysis, processes and controls to support the delivery of the agreed pricing strategy.
What are we looking for?
We’re seeking a passionate people person – someone who can combine excellent leadership skills with technical pricing knowledge. We’ll need you to have a broad understanding of the pricing landscape and have some experience working with data science and actuarial methods (e.g. claims reserving, Machine Learning modelling techniques). in the GI industry, however you’ll have a team of experts to deliver on the technical pricing assignments so detailed pricing knowledge is not essential.
What will you be doing?
- To deputise for the relevant Head of pricing, and contribute to the product underwriting strategy.
- To define and prioritise a work stack with key stakeholders, and deliver pricing analysis projects to improve underwriting performance whilst supporting GWP targets through competitive product/price positioning.
- To input into product development, by primarily identifying innovative underwriting segmentation improvements to support volume growth and profitability ambitions.
- To deliver new data live into pricing for the customer, whilst adhering to LV’s Data Usage policy, and regulatory guidance;
- To support both Motor and Home growth with analytical input into evaluation of new distribution opportunities, or partnership bids.
- To manage and develop the more junior pricing analysts within the pricing team.
- Ensure that the pricing decisions follow regulatory guidance and reflect the values of LV.
Why Work for Us?
Exciting things are happening at LV= General Insurance (GI). Having recently joined forces with Allianz, we’re proud to now be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK. Working with a new energy, we’re shifting gear and transforming our company, industry and beyond. And we’re just getting started.
Driven by pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to become Britain’s best loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love.
Reward and Benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Single cover private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= are an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways.
We value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone feels respected for their individual contribution and is able to bring their true self to work.
With the above in mind we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs or culture however we especially welcome applications from women, people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who are LGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.Apply Now