LV= General Insurance are looking for a Pricing R&D Manager to join their team, based in either Croydon or Birmingham. You will have responsibility for development of modelling techniques and model innovation within LV= Pricing, as well as ensuring consistency in the application of Demand Modelling and Price Optimisation across the department. You will work closely with the wider Pricing team to integrate our models into customer rating for Motor and Home products across our Retail and Broker Portfolios.
LV= General Insurance are part of Allianz Group. This brings with it the opportunity to share and learn from modelling best practices across the globe, through Allianz’s Technical Excellence Certification program. The role sits within the Pricing Technical Excellence team, and involves managing a team of analysts, as well as forming relationships across numerous teams and departments within both LV= and Allianz Group.
The role will also involve managing a team of analysts, as well as forming relationships across numerous teams and departments within both LV= and the wider Allianz Group.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews will take place in January 2022.
When it comes to flexible working, we’ll do our best to accommodate your needs. At LV= General Insurance many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, from part-time, flexi-time, job shares, an element of working from home or compressed hours.
We want the best people working at our organisation and we recognise that those people aren’t always available full-time.
So if you need any adjustments, let us know during your interview. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen
What are we looking for?
You will need to have significant pricing knowledge, and have experience of managing junior team members.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with the use of Price Optimisation and Machine Learning modelling techniques in an insurance setting
What will you be doing?
- To deputise for the Heads of Motor & Home Technical Pricing, and contribute to Pricing Technical Excellence strategy.
- To coordinate the delivery of technical projects to improve underwriting performance against common technical modelling standards and adherence to data controls.
- To ensure that the standards achieved by the team progress towards Market Leading accreditation, in Allianz’s Technical Excellence Certification program.
- To collaborate with Portfolio pricing teams on technical modelling projects to ensure common approaches, and to act as a mentor and central point of contact to spread knowledge and understanding of machine learning and other technical modelling techniques around the wider team.
- To manage and develop the more junior pricing analysts within the pricing team.
- To ensure that modelling decisions follow regulatory guidance and reflect the values of LV.
- To advance the technical sophistication of Pricing modelling over successive projects, and build a common reporting suite for evaluation of model build and performance in action.
- To define ‘fit for purpose’ structured MI as the basis for technical modelling and to explore the wider LV data assets for their predictive worth
Why Work for Us?
Exciting things are happening at LV= General Insurance (GI). Having recently joined forces with Allianz, we’re proud to now be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK. Working with a new energy, we’re shifting gear and transforming our company, industry and beyond. And we’re just getting started.
Driven by pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to become Britain’s best loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love.
Reward and Benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Single cover private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= are an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways.
We value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone feels respected for their individual contribution and is able to bring their true self to work.
With the above in mind we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs or culture however we especially welcome applications from women, people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who are LGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.Apply Now