LV General Insurance is recruiting for a Principal Pricing Analyst to join our growing team. As the Principal Actuarial Pricing Analyst you will need to define and manage a portfolio of analytical projects to support product and pricing development, and subsequently make recommendations to senior pricing / commercial managers.
What are we looking for?
We are searching for someone with experience of insurance pricing and actuarial analysis with significant exposure to statistical analysis. Ideally you will be educated to degree level in a numerate subject.
You will need to have some statistical and data manipulation skills (ideally SAS, Excel) as well as Project management, Report writing, consultancy, coaching and presentation skills.
What will you be doing?
You will need to:
- Make recommendations to senior pricing/commercial managers by defining project work to support product and pricing development,
- Define and deliver analysis to the defined standards of pricing & analytical projects
- validating data integrity, establishing appropriateness of actuarial or statistical modelling and assumptions
- interpreting output and communicating results to non-technical audience
- appropriately documenting project work for future reference or review
- delivering project work to agreed business timescales
- Deliver and promote improvements to the regular pricing rate reviews to ensure that each segment is appropriately priced.
- Review and promote improvements to the regular pricing and underwriting monitors.
- Coach and mentor junior colleagues to enable them to progress and contribute more
- Keep abreast of developments in the company and wider UK insurance market
Why Work for Us?
Exciting things are happening at LV=General Insurance (LV=GI). Having recently become part of the Allianz family, we’re proud to be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK.
Driven by our pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to become Britain’s best-loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love.
Reward and Benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- Flexible working opportunities – many of our employees job share or work part-time, flexi-time, or compressed hours. Our new hybrid working model now offers all employees the option to work from home 3 days a week and 2 days in the office.
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- An excellent pension plan (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- Other flexible benefits including discounted retail vouchers and dental insurance
- 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long term health conditions