LV= General insurance is a large, Multi-award-winning insurance company, with nearly 3 million customers and aspirations for future Growth.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Third Party Claims Team Leader to join the Third Party Claims team. You will be based at the Ipswich office with the opportunity to work from home 2/3 days a week. We adopt a flexible working environment with a strong focus on continuous learning & development
You will be working to support a team who are responsible for management and settlement of Third Party claims arising from road traffic accidents. You will lead, motivate and develop team members to provide outstanding customer service, in line with the business strategy and to personally contribute to the success of the business.
The hours for the role are 35 a week covering opening hours Monday-Friday 08:00am – 17:30pm.
When applying for the role please attach a cover letter confirming what you can bring to the role along with your most up to date CV.
What are we looking for?
Essential for Role
- Proven ability to personally deliver to consistently high standards in a Customer Service delivery environment
- Experience of working in a busy and pressurised area with an understanding of how to manage teams well in this environment, dealing with a diverse range of people issues.
- Demonstrable ability to understand performance trends and be able to remove barriers to enable our people to deliver best loved Customer service and protect our indemnity spend.
- Aptitude to learn and retain product, regulatory and procedural information on an ongoing basis, to a sufficient level to support the team, with the ability to explain technical subjects in an appropriate manner for the team and customers to understand.
- Ability to lead and motivate others with a focus on people and their development.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of providing successful coaching and feedback.
- Able to prioritise and manage own workload, delivering on time.
- Demonstrable ability to apply sound judgment and negotiating skills to resolve complex customer situations, balancing commercial and customer needs, considering cost, quality and time.
Desirable for Role
- Third Party Claims experience or similar transferable claims knowledge.
- Influences sideways and upwards, actively looking and promoting new ways of improving performance.
- Involves peer team in the development of ideas to improve business performance and establish best practice.
- Seen as a coach and mentor for other Team Leaders and peers.
- Regularly deputises for Claims Manager in their absence/projects/meetings with the ability to represent your department/function at Operational Meetings.
- Able to assist in the recruitment for more senior / technical roles.
- Works with business analysts to identify improvements to business processes and working practices and ensures that the team adopt agreed changes.
- The delivery, reporting and communication of Operational objectives, including the ability to run a project in addition to running your team.
- Recognised Supervisory qualification or equivalent internal learning.
- Professional ‘Technical’ qualification relevant to SBU (E.g. CII/FPC) or equivalent business experience.
What will you be doing?
To lead, develop, support and motivate team members to achieve best loved customer service and protect indemnity spend.
Ability to manage people issues such as absence, performance and behaviour in line with the LV= performance guidelines
Ensure Customer and internal feedback is acted upon, delivering formal, informal and side by side coaching to team members.
To be a point of reference and guidance for technical understanding, relevant to SBU and Team, identifying development opportunities and coaching them accordingly, ensuring training and development plans are in place and maintained.
Ensure that team and self, comply on an ongoing basis with any legal, regulatory and industry body codes of practice. Managing complaints to level of agreed authority and in line with the LV= complaint handling framework.
Respond flexibly to customer needs and take responsibility for the resolution of customer enquiries or concerns in accordance with agreed guidelines and procedures ensuring that TCF is considered in every decision, and issues are raised to the local TCF champion.
Take ownership of customer concerns within agreed authorisation limits (Financial and Technical), following through on referrals that require escalation.
To plan for and deliver effective utilisation of team resources in accordance with agreed plans in order to meet customer needs
To identify opportunities for continuous improvement and to assist in the implementation of change initiatives, a knowledge of systems thinking methodology would be advantageous.
Take ownership of own personal development, maintaining an up to date knowledge of products, services, systems and procedures necessary to carry out the role. Maintain competence by passing regular assessment.
Why Work for Us?
Driven by our pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to become Britain’s best-loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love.
If you share our ambition and our passion, join us on our journey. You can help us shape our new future together.
Reward and Benefits
This role is a Band B in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- Flexible working opportunities – many of our employees job share or work part-time, flexi-time, or compressed hours. Our new hybrid working model now offers all employees the option to work from home 3 days a week and 2 days in the office.
- 26 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 28 days
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long term health conditions.Apply Now