Change Director (GI Direct)
Passionate about making change happen and seeing people develop, our Change Director, Angela, shares her LV= General Insurance (LV= GI) story so far.
“I wouldn’t still be here if I didn’t think I could continue to make a difference”
I joined LV= GI as Regional Service Centre Manager in 2006 because I wanted to work somewhere where I could make a difference. I couldn’t be in a job where you do the same thing day in day out – that’s just not me. 13 years later, I wouldn’t still be here if I didn’t think I could continue to make a difference. So, I’m now Change Director – and love being involved in change and getting stuff done. It gives me a great sense of satisfaction and I seize any opportunity to do something new.
A typical day
- Get in early and get ahead of the game
- Eat quite a lot of food at my desk :)
- Catch up on my emails and look at my calendar for the day
- Prep for any meetings I have
- Meet with teams bringing in new products/services and make sure they have the resources and decisions they need to deliver
- Consult with colleagues about the types of change that they want to bring in and what the priorities are
“We believe it’s better to try and fail than not do it at all”
Ultimately my role is all about trying to make sure processes are as simple and straightforward as possible, so that we can deliver the best possible service to our customers. We try to improve the customer journey wherever we can. And the pace of change is very fast because we’re always pushing to stay ahead of the competition. Here, we believe it’s better to try, test and continually learn than not do it at all.
“I'm proud to work here. It feels good – it feels like a family”
We genuinely care about the people that we work with and everyone is so supportive. Whilst we all work really hard, we have a laugh as well and we’re encouraged to be ourselves. The attitude here is that we work together to get things done. And we genuinely care about our customers too – they’re at the heart of everything that we do. It's nice to have a vision that we all believe in. I'm proud to work here. It feels good – it feels like a family.
My Greatest achievement at LV= GI so far
Helping to deliver Pioneer – our biggest transformation project ever.
3 top tips for new employees
- Be open to trying new things. Being willing to get involved, sticking my neck out and poking my nose into things has opened up so many opportunities for me over the years.
- Step outside of your comfort zone every now and then. You don't know what's out there until you've tried it.
- Don't limit yourself. Push yourself and you’ll reap the rewards.
Did you know?
If anyone across the business spots something that they think we should be doing better, they can raise it on our Innovate platform. Anyone can put an idea on Innovate, saying what they think should be improved and why. It's a good example of how we listen to the people who actually speak to our customers, because we know that everyone’s voice is important here and everyone has the opportunity to make an impact.