About the role
When things go wrong for our customers, they want to know their claim is in safe hands. As a Claims Handler, you’ll manage the customer experience throughout the claim. Taking calls from a wide range of customers, you’ll make sure everyone you speak to receives a first-class service. Taking the customer’s individual circumstances into account, you’ll make important decisions as you deal with their claim from start to end. That means listening carefully, negotiating where necessary, and using your initiative to find solutions that work – for our customers and our business.
We’re open for our customers from Monday to Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday 9am-5pm.
Our working hours reflect that:
- Your shifts will vary on a weekly basis to cover these hours (rotas are provided 4-6 weeks in advance).
- You’ll work 35 hours a week and one Saturday in every three.
- There’s an 11 week training plan covering all systems, products and processes used. Full attendance is required for the first 4-5 weeks.
The start date for this role is 19th October 2020 with a salary of £18,000 .
Please be aware that we will require satisfactory pre-employment evidence to include DBS, Financial Probity and Fraud checks, before you can commence employment with us
Whether you’re joining us from a similar role or looking to kick-start your career, you’ll need to:
- Have great relationship-building skills and share our passion for providing stand-out customer service.
- Be an empathetic listener and able to adapt your communication style to suit each customer.
- Have strong attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
- Be able to proactively identify problems and constructively look to find solutions.
- Be a great team player.
There’s plenty to enjoy at our Birmingham office. It’s a collaborative, buzzing environment where over 800 of our people are united by their commitment to going above and beyond for our customers. There’s always something fun going on here – and we get together regularly outside of work, too. Whether you want to chill in a break-out area or head to the Bullring, you’ll never be short of options for lunch. And with plenty of public transport options on your doorstep, including New Street station less than a minute’s walk away, commuting here couldn’t be easier.
Why Work for Us?
Exciting things are happening at LV= General Insurance (LV= GI). Having recently welcomed Legal & General into our family, we’re proud to now be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK. Working with a new energy, we’re shifting gear and transforming our company, industry and beyond. And we’re just getting started.
Driven by pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to become Britain’s best loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love.
Reward and Benefits
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, performance related bonus, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.Our Core Benefits Include:
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually, benchmarked against our industry peers.
- Pension Scheme – If you wish to join the pension scheme, legally you must contribute 3% of your salary and the company will contribute an additional 5%. If you wish to contribute more than 3%, the company will match this up to a maximum of an additional 5%. After 3 years the company contributions increase to 8% and after 5 years 10%.
- Bonus scheme – based on company and personal performance
- Private medical insurance - employee
- Group Income protection plan after 12 months service
- Competitive holiday allowance - 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible working – we try our best to accommodate your work/life balance, circumstances and life choices outside work.
- Development days – we will support your personal development.
- Volunteering hours – employees can take part in volunteering activities for up to ten hours per year.
- Employee Support Programme – free and confidential 24-hour life management and personal support service, helping you deal with everyday situations and more serious problems.
- Life cover x4
- Season Ticket Loan
- Buy/Sell Annual leave
- A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
- Cycle to Work
- MyDiscounts - one-stop-shop for employee discounts including cinema, shopping, travel, days out, vouchers and much, much more!
- Private medical insurance - family