About the role
We have an exciting new opportunity for an enthusiastic Sales professional to join our fast paced Sales Protection team as an Account Manager.
This is an outbound sales role where you will be building working relationships with a panel of firms known to LV=, as well as working closely with our Protection Consultants to understand the needs of our IFA’s in order to help develop their businesses.
To be successful in this role you will be a target driven Sales individual with the ability to build good rapport with people at all levels, as well as be self-motivated and adaptable to change.
Someone with a background in Account Management would be well suited to this role, and although Financial Services experience is not essential it would be beneficial to have previous Protection knowledge.
This is an office based role in our Bournemouth office.
- Developing competency level in ‘Product Presentation’
- Developing/Skilled competency level in LV= product knowledge and awareness of our overall protection proposition, including services and technical support.
- ‘Foundation/Developing’ competency level communication skills, including the ability to present to adviser seminars.
- ‘Foundation’ competency level in ability to apply technical knowledge to an adviser.
- ‘Foundation’ competency level in ‘Business Development’ demonstrating an ability to work with an adviser firm to identify & develop protection business opportunities
- ‘Foundation’ competency level in business consulting demonstrating the ability to introduce industry, and business management topics into the discussions with the adviser business
- Good Market and competitor knowledge
- A short term track record of working in financial sales preferable.
- Personal attributes to include: good communication skills; professional personal presentation; the ability to listen, and have empathy with customer needs, numeracy and literacy, including the ability to write fluently.
- Excellent capability in the use of computer software such as Excel; Word; PowerPoint; Outlook; and appropriate LISS systems.
- Self-motivation, planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiasm, positive and reliability
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility for delivery of client requirements
- To complete and pass RO5 examination (or equivalent) within 1 year of undertaking the role. These are appropriate industry qualifications to support the individual in developing themselves as a protection specialist.
- To achieve individual and team targets (where appropriate) for business volumes.
- To develop support from adviser firms, and increase the number of supporting advisers within the business
- To work closely on LV= campaigns and provide telephone support for national account events. To work through specific account lists provided by the sales leadership team
- Having an awareness of risk events and reporting these to the risk manager where appropriate. To deal with reactive queries from accounts across the sales team
- To achieve exceed the required levels of operational activity in all key areas. Minimum levels are set to achieve core business targets.
- To maintain and develop knowledge of The LV= protection proposition as a whole, Competitor product offerings and our competitive positioning
- Technical and Sales skills to enhance personal effectiveness and efficiency
- To achieve and maintain sales competence in line with LV= standards
- To maintain LISS records to a high standard.
- To behave in a professional and business like manner in all dealings with IFAs and internal contacts making and taking opportunities to enhance both the profile and reputation of LV=
- To work as a member of the Sales team to achieve the corporate goal, placing the achievement of team and LV= goals above the achievement of personal goals
- To manage all business dealings (appointments, entertaining, record keeping, etc) in accordance with the LV= compliance procedures
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band B in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 26 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 28 days
- a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We’re also open to conversations about flexible working as part of your application. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you then we’ll do everything we can to support you.
We always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook.