About the role
With appropriate technical support and supervision, to analyse user requirements, design and build technical solutions and support systems using the full development life cycle and agile methodologies where suitable.
The job holder will be part of a high performing and dynamic team delivering effective, reliable IT solutions which satisfy customer needs and priorities.
Work must be complete to high standards of quality and performance, developed using defined tools within existing methodologies and delivered within agreed timescales. All work must be guided by corporate IT strategy and subject to peer and management review.
When it comes to finding solutions and problem solving, you’ll be a natural. You’ll be able to work independently as well as part of a wider team supporting the back-end development. As an Analyst Developer, it’s not surprising then that you will be a proven Java Developer. Ideally, you’ll have been educated to degree level (or equivalent) in an IT based specialism.
It would also be great if you have knowledge of Guidewire, SQL Database, GOSU or Guidewire Data Hub, however there is the opportunity to learn these skills within this role. In addition, any knowledge of Subversion, GIT, Jenkins, Maven or Ant would also be advantageous, however most importantly your desire to succeed and progress with a successful IT career will be the most important factor, coupled with an outstanding team working ethic.
This role will be given appropriate technical support and supervision to undertake the following:
- Contribute to the delivery of system documentation (functional and technical)
- Support and contribute to delivery of accurate project estimates for smaller, less complex projects
- Develop reliable, quality code aligned with best practice guidelines independently with minimal guidance
- Plan and execute unit and integration tests including documented evidence of test plans and results
- Work within defined standards, methods and strategies
- Continuously develop knowledge of one or more development environments including associated tools
- Support project implementation, which may include checking results and problem resolution
- Progress problem resolution, within own area of expertise by reference to procedures and/or precedents, through to successful implementation of solution
- To comply with company standards, quality assurance processes and system documentation
- To effectively communicate progress of project work and/or problems to supervisor in a timely manner
- Provide informal guidance to new or junior team members
This is for a full time role working 35 hours a week across Monday-Friday between 8am and 6pm.
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band B in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 26 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 28 days
- a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook. We’re also proud to say we’re an equal opportunities employer. Why not follow us on Glassdoor and take the opportunity to see real reviews of what it’s like to work here.