About the role
We are looking for an experienced Application Packer Analyst to join our 4 man team based in our Bournemouth office. With over 1000 applications currently in LV that need to be supported you will be involved in the whole Application Packaging Life Cycle starting from gathering and analyzing application requirements and making sure the application will work with the existing company infrastructure, packaging and/or repackaging any new applications following created documentation as well as testing packaged applications and ensuring that application launches and runs properly when deployed. You will be actively engaged with business projects for example being involved with the development windows 10 build.
You will be involved in the whole Application Packaging Life Cycle starting from gathering and analyzing application requirements and making sure the application will work with the existing company infrastructure, packaging and/or repackaginany new applications following created documentation as well as testing packaged applications and ensuring that application launches and runs properly when deployed.
You will have experience of Application packaging and delivery processes within Managed Intel Workstation environments as well as a solid knowledge of scripting and deployment tools. Considering that you will deliver messages to Divisional IT Resource and Operations it is also important for you to have good interpersonal skills including effective verbal and written communication.
- Strong knowledge of Managed Windows environments
- Ideally holds ITIL foundation certification.
- Strong experience with MSI Application packaging for Windows 32 and 64 bit and delivery processes in a Windows environment
- Solid understanding of MSI ICE validation
- Experience of migrating existing packages to new Windows operating systems (e.g. Windows 7 to 10)
- Solid understanding of Windows shims
- Strong knowledge of APP-V 4.6, 5.1 and their sequencers
- Solid knowledge of Flexera Admin studio and Virtualisation pack
- Ability to write/edit Power Shell /VB Scripts for bespoke deployments
- Exposure to Citrix APP-DNA
- Working knowledge of Orca 5.0+
- Solid experience to create/manage Microsoft SCCM 2012 applications/collections/deployments
- Creating packages to be deployed by SCCM’s application catalogue
- Excellent communication skills with ability to mentor/train others and other teams
- Team Player – able to work with a capable team with diverse skills
- Able to work independently using initiative to create and deliver work
- Be responsible for and own the work assigned
- Ability to carry out tasks to completion
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong analysis and fault resolution skills
- Documentation creation including standards and processes
- Experience of providing 3rd line support to other technical teams
- Gathering and analyzing application requirements to make sure the application will work with the existing company infrastructure
- Working with clients to incorporate customizations needed for applications to work as needed by employees
- Documenting all the necessary additions, modifications, and customizations for applications
- Packaging and/or repackaging any new applications following documentation created in pre-packing phase or as delivered by the scripting analysts, adhering to corporate packaging and scripting standards
- Packaging new versions of existing software using management tools
- Testing of packaged applications ensuring that application launches and runs properly when deployed
- Creating delivery objects for packaged applications following corporate standards
- Working with the Microsoft Technologies team for application file and object distribution
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Single cover private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We’re also open to conversations about flexible working as part of your application. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you then we’ll do everything we can to support you.
We always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook.