About the role
Consumers purchase insurance products to financially protect themselves, their family and their lifestyle in the unfortunate event of accident, sickness, a serious illness or death. And being a customer centric organisation, our Product Team’s primary responsibility is to ensure the range of products we supply meets this very objective.
Secondary to this, the team focus on additional product features, which are not only important to our consumers but set our products apart from our competitors. Likewise, they also look at the profit and loss of our products to ensure as business we remain commercially profitable.
Your role specifically is to support the Product Managers, focussing on our protection products and you’ll get involved in activities such as:
- Becoming a Subject Matter Expert on our products, ensuring any product or policy information or literature is accurately portrayed
- Conducting ongoing market, industry and competitor product research and analysis to ensure we have a proactive view on the industry as a whole
- Conducting reviews and analysis on our products to ensure they meet the ongoing needs of our consumers
- Liaising closely with and building excellent relationships with internal teams such as: Sales, Marketing, Claims, Customer Experience & Complaints Teams, Pricing, Compliance and Underwriting not only to gain valuable customer product insight, but also to capitalise on their subject matter expertise in your day to day role.
- You’ll attend, chair, minute take any planned tactical project or product initiative meetings and ensure all actions are accounted for, distributed to the right owner and tracked through until completion. You’ll also support in monthly product MI and risk meetings.
- Support our product governance framework and regulatory guidelines
What’s most important to us is your work ethic. You’re eager to learn, take pride in your work and have great attention to detail. You’re comfortable not knowing all the answers as you’re an inquisitive individual, who proactively develops knowledge through building effect working relationships.
Ideally you’ll come from the Insurance, Banking or Financial Services Industry. You may have some product experience already; perhaps you’ve sold, administered or provided quality customer service to consumers on a range of financial products before or you may have worked within a support function such as claims, underwriting, compliance, finance, pricing or marketing. Although not essential, if you have completed any Qualifications as part of the Chartered Insurance Institute, this would also be seen as advantageous.
Lastly, you enjoy research, analysis and translating this into development opportunities. This activity will involve looking at data, reading lengthy policy documents and keeping one eye on our competitors or any market changes or trends.
What’s in it for you?
This role provides exposure to every area within an insurance company. This means you can learn, grow and develop your knowledge, not only on our products but how an insurance business works from end to end. It also allows you to build a fantastic network of relationships across the entire business, which opens doors for opportunities in the future.
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band B in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 26 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 28 days
- a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We’re also open to conversations about flexible working as part of your application. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you then we’ll do everything we can to support you.
We always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook.