About the role
Are you an accomplished and motivational leader looking for a challenge? If so we have the perfect role for you where you’ll be leading and developing our Business Analysis practice. Organised within our Strategic Projects function we are looking for someone with both passion and a proven track record of managing teams to high performance levels to lead the business analyst practice into an exciting period of its development.
In a nutshell you’ll be responsible for practice maturity, so an authoritative and credible presence amongst the Business Analyst community is a must along with a robust understanding of the value that the capability provides. You are likely to have an understanding of the tools, techniques, methods and standards required to support the practice coupled with an appreciation of the cultural and behavioural aspects required to develop a high performing team.
Just as importantly you’ll have experience of working with business stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, understanding the strategic ambitions of the business to ensure an optimal supply and demand for analysis resources.
It’s not surprising then, that you will be enthusiastic to ensure that the vision of the department can be translated into the team to enable each member to ‘be at their very best on every project’.
So where do you come in? When it comes to Business Analytics you’ll really know your stuff. You’ll have a deep understanding of Business Analytics principles, practices and methodologies. You’ll be a real expert and have experience in adopting a variety of different approaches (Agile and Waterfall). In the same way you’ll be very comfortable with both transformation and change environments whilst having a real drive and enthusiasm to deliver and make a real difference.
Above all stakeholder management and relationship building is a key strength you’ll possess, coupled with exposure to financial services. Prince 2, ISEB and APM are qualifications we would ideally like you to have. It goes without saying that your communication and team working skills are exemplary, and you have a proactive approach to your work.
Possessing an authoritative and credible understanding of the role and value of business analysis within the organisation the individual will be able to demonstrate and apply strong strategic level leadership and practice management skills. Key to this will be a proven ability to influence and collaborate.
Leadership & Management
- Accountable for all aspects of team management including effective line management, day to day performance management and the delivery of effective cascade communications.
- Responsible for Business Analysis planning and resourcing working with portfolio managers as required and optimally matching resources to demand whilst considering development and stretch opportunities for the team.
- Responsible for a significant business analysis practice within the organisation including practice maturity, standards development, controls and the adoption of a continuous improvement approach to delivery.
- Facilitates the development of practitioners including initiation, monitoring, review and validation of individual learning and development plans and coaching of participants in all relevant aspects of their professional development.
- Accountable for actions and decisions made by self and subordinates.
- Responsible for the production and agreement of an agreed maturity plan and roadmap as part of the delivery of the practice vision.
- Develops influential relationships with internal and external customers/suppliers/partners at senior management level, which may include industry experts.
- Works effectively with senior business analysts to deliver practice standards and maturity drawing upon expertise as required and providing appropriate challenge and pace.
- Maintains a good level of knowledge and understanding of the business domain, including legislative and regulatory factors, at a market sector, organisational or functional level to provide the wider context for assignments and building team acumen.
- Maintains a good level of knowledge and understanding of the market within which the organisation operates, including customer profiles, competitors and product/service offerings to provide context for assignments and building team acumen.
- Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who have diverse objectives.
- May input to strategy formation; feasibility studies and business cases.
- Provides the voice of business analysis regularly extolling the importance of and raising the internal and external profile of the practice.
- Drives active management and input to the practice standards and tools in order to ensure continuous improvement of the deliverables and methodologies adopted.
- May support business managers to work through the implications of planned IT-enabled change on the business, processes and customers.
- Accountable for the practice standards (including quality) ensuring adherence throughout the Solution Delivery Life Cycle process requirements.
- Responsible for the awareness and alignment of assignments to the appropriate Business Strategy and adherence to compliance and regulatory standards.
- Ensures quality checks are carried out to ensure consistency and maintenance of standards across the practice.
- May provide support and input to more complex organisational impacting assignments.
- May support senior analysts in guiding stakeholders towards accepting change brought through processes and or organisational structure.
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Single cover private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We’re also open to conversations about flexible working as part of your application. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you then we’ll do everything we can to support you.
We always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook.