About the role
We are recruiting for a brand new position to join our Life Customer Experience Property Team as a Property Specialist Representative.
Using your expert knowledge you will be managing a large portfolio of commercial properties on behalf of our pension trustees. You will be dealing with financial advisors , Property management companies, solicitors and even the tenants themselves. Your involvement will be once the property has been purchased where your will be involved in, negotiating leases, rent reviews and general property management.
In order for you to be seen as a real technical expert you will be RICS Qualified ( The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors). This qualification will provide you with all the background knowledge / skills that are required to be successful within this role. If you come from a pensions background then even better - Do not worry if not we will teach you what is needed !
You have a proven track record within a commercial property management environment or very similar and have experience of undertaking property sales, purchases, lease and rent reviews. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong knowledge of MS word, Powerpoint, Outlook and Excel.
- To be accountable for the provision of an efficient technical advice and guidance within the Property team and wider SBU, including the implementation of working practices, systems changes, training and reference materials and other standards and controls.
- Responsible for the standard of work, ensuring they are maintained and developed in response to regulatory change, service improvement, product development and other initiatives in conjunction with the CSTM and the wider business.
- To advise and work in partnership with our property managers, ensuring they work within our set standards and to challenge and make recommendations when these are not adhered to.
- Accountable for our third party relationships, ensuring they deliver effectively in line with our Trustee responsibilities and status
- Robust understanding of the stages and legalities of commercial property purchases, sales and lease requirements, including EPC ratings, environmental surveys and the rent review process
- Accountable for our rent arrears process on current and historic cases, including working with solicitors to remove tenants
- Have an understanding of the mechanisms of a block policy buildings insurance and can work within its parameters to protect our assets. Responsibility for the delivery of the annual renewal
- Responsible for supporting the Property team with dilapidations process and work with our members / tenants to facilitate it
- To deliver effective working relationships between the Property Team, Life SBU, , the HMRC and other regulatory authorities, through providing technical advice, guidance and referring matters of significance for Life SBU management attention.
- To be responsible for the recording and identification of systemic causes of complaints and to recommend and implement changes to processes and systems to prevent recurrence, through reference to the policies set by the product areas.
- To be responsible the Property Control Suite to ensure our control reports are timely and effective in supporting the operational team and to minimise our risks.
- To recognise business risk and be responsible in addressing risk events and to implement controls to prevent future instances
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band B in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 26 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 28 days
- a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We’re also open to conversations about flexible working as part of your application. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you then we’ll do everything we can to support you.
We always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook.