About the role
Working closely with the GI Direct Executive and their leadership teams, your role will be responsible for the design and delivery of the communications plan across the whole GI Direct Group. You’ll work creatively with a number of stakeholders to ensure that communication standards maintain pace and are delivered effectively through the right channels, at the right time, to the right audience.
Working with an enthusiastic network of Communication Reps, Engage Reps and Charity Champions, you’ll lead on Engage and Community activity across the whole of GI Direct and co-ordinate plans to support Employee Engagement.
This role can be based out of our Bournemouth or Croydon offices so there will be an expectation to travel to the other office when necessary.
We’re looking for a confident, passionate individual who is a self-starter and able to work on their own initiative. You’re a natural, creative problem solver with a knack for getting things done by working collaboratively with a number of different stakeholders across the GI Direct and wider business. If you’ve previously worked within an Insurance company then great, but it’s not essential as we’re more interested in your demonstrable experience in the Internal Communications/PR/Engagement industry.
You’re able to build strong working relationships with colleagues of all levels across the business and you’re used to dealing with high volumes of work, meeting tight deadlines whilst still maintaining a high standard of delivery.
You’re also confident with working with digital communication tools and competent with publishing software, Adobe Photoshop, video editing softare, Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
Responsible for the development and maintenance of an effective Communication, Engage, Community & Charity strategy using industry leading techniques across GI Direct (1400 people, 7 sites) through:
GI Direct Channel Management & Content
- Creation and management of communication channels through various media to support the communication strategy ensuring the accuracy and quality of content is maintained to meets required standards
- Provide reporting, analysis and insight to drive activity and improvements around communication
- Guide and steer GI Direct management towards the most effective communication channels for their functions.
- Lead on the organisation and where required the management of functional and GI Direct events e.g roadshows, site visits, webinars
Wider GI, Group and External Communications
- Influence and lead where appropriate the Internal comms department to ensure GI Direct are being appropriately represented across GI within publications and updates.
- Work with other communication teams to align approaches, share best practice and collaborate to gain economies of scale where possible
- Influencing senior stakeholders to ensure GI Direct requirements are considered within any communication channel enhancements (e.g. intranet groups, working practice updates, customer correspondence projects).
- Liaison with PR where necessary in promotion of GI Direct in the public arena.
Development and successful execution of the GI Direct Engage strategy:
- Facilitate and produce analysis of Engage data to highlight KPI and drive effective decision making and strategic planning of activities across GI Direct.
- Influencing the questions asked within Engage & Pulse surveys to ensure GI Direct requirements are met.
- Oversee the activities and effectiveness of GI Direct Engage Reps, making internal and industry best practice available to them.
- Look out to the external market for best practices and recommend opportunities to apply initiatives relevant to our needs to improve standards.
Co-ordination of community and Charity activity for GI Direct:
- Development and maintenance of an integrated community and charity strategy for GI Direct including event management, initiative tracking and communication of achievements
- Consolidation of best practices internally through the creation of guiding principles to support community and charity activity
- Work with Public Relations to promote community and charity initiatives and achievements locally and nationally
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Single cover private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook. We’re also proud to say we’re an equal opportunities employer. Why not follow us on Glassdoor and take the opportunity to see real reviews of what it’s like to work here.