About the role
You'll be answering incoming calls from new or existing customers and completing a variety of administration tasks regarding their life insurance/ pension policy. This means that you will be using a computer for nearly all of your working day across a variety of different internal systems. Throughout your day you could be helping our customers at any stage of their relationship: from the moment they take out a policy with us, through the duration of their policy to making a claim. The administration tasks you will need to complete include updating details on the computer, filing, making calculations, using spread sheets and making outgoing phone calls to our customers or their representatives, such as Doctors or Independent Financial Advisors. Whether you’re on the phone or answering emails, customer service is very important to LV= and that should be at the forefront of everything you do. You’ll work as part of a team to ensure that all our customers get the best service every day.
- Someone who enjoys collaborating with others, a great teammate and passionate to make a difference
- Real talent for making customers feel special when you’re on the phone, it’s in the way you talk and just as importantly, in the way you listen
- Use your initiative to solve problems and come up with solutions to improve the service we provide to our customers
- Previous experience working in Financial Services, or knowledge of ISAs preferred, however isn’t essential
- Due to the importance of the documentation you will be creating and sending to our customers, you’ll need to have high quality administration skills and experience of using systems such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Have a very strong attention to detail and ability to follow processes, as you’ll be carrying out a number of administration tasks such as: letter writing, updating customer details across multiple systems, making complex calculations
- Take pride in the quality of documents you are creating and sending to our valued customers
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills with a minimum of Grade C in Math and English GCSE or equivalent
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band A in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 24 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 26 days
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A fantastic flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, local discounts, cinema discounts)
- A competitive pension for which LV= will double match the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- You will receive up to 50% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel and up to 20% discount on our life products for you and your immediate family. To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We’re also open to conversations about flexible working as part of your application. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you then we’ll do everything we can to support you.
We always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook.