About the role
Set in beautiful grounds, close to the historic old town, the Hitchin, Hertfordshire site houses our Retirement Solutions business. This business is aimed at providing retirement products which help customers secure an income once they start to think about their retirement or perhaps when they wish to stop working. Our retirement products are Annuities, Pensions and Equity Release.
Your role will be to deal with and assist in a variety of general enquiries and correspondence from our customers, advisers and trustees. In doing so, you’ll work on your own caseload and carry out administration on policies which could involve but are not limited to:
- setting up new pension policies
- transferring policies to another company
- setting up new mortgages for Equity Release
- servicing existing Equity Release customers
- providing fund values
- projections of future benefits
- policy changes
- paying money out to customers and processing money coming into the business
Therefore you’ll maintain accurate customer data, deal with sensitive issues compassionately, demonstrate a high quality of customer care and display professional communications skills at all times.
We'll train you on both the technical and procedural aspects of our products. You'll then be expected to translate this information so our members can understand the products they hold so that they can make the best decision in conjunction with their Financial Advisor. You'll deal with our customers and their financial advisors in this role.
Previous customer experience would be beneficial but most importantly you will need plenty of confidence and the personality to make a positive impact on our customers. .Due to the importance of the documentation you will be creating and sending to our customers you will need to have the ability to carry out high quality administration with a great attention to detail.
You’ll need the ability to learn and retain product information on an ongoing basis and be able to explain technical subjects in an appropriate manner for different customers to understand. Once learning and understanding about our products you will then be able to build an excellent rapport with our customers, being quick to understand their needs.
You’ll be a great team player and someone who is passionate to make a difference. You will have a real talent for making customers feel special when you’re on the phone, it’s in the way you talk and just as importantly, in the way you listen. Using your initiative you will be able to solve problems and come up with great pro-active solutions.
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band A in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 24 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service
- an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We’re also open to conversations about flexible working as part of your application. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you then we’ll do everything we can to support you.
We always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook.