About the role
We are currently looking for an experienced team manager to join us in our Life Customer Experience area of the business, where you’ll lead and develop a team of around 12 members in our Pensions New Business Team.
Our Life Customer Experience teams are committed to offering a first class service to our customers and helping us on our journey to be Britain’s best loved insurer. Within our Hitchin office we specialise in LV= Pension & Equity Release products. Your team will look after everything from application stage to completion of the new business. You will be responsible for ensuring your team meet their targeted KPI's allowing our customers’ needs to be met.
You will also be carrying out your normal managerial duties such as - One to one meetings, performance and development plans for team members, team meetings etc.
You will be contracted at 35 hours per week working between our office opening hours of Monday - Friday finishing no later than 5.30pm.
The teams look after very sensitive customer data, so control and accuracy are key traits you’ll need to deliver and quite simply put, this means you’re organised, structured and focus on the quality of your teams work. With the manual processes involved it is very important that you have experience of risk management or knowledge of this.
You’re someone who leads by example, demonstrates professionalism and encourages a collaborative and supportive team environment. You’ll enjoy developing and mentoring others and have a real passion to support your team in their careers.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has previous management experience ideally within a pension’s environment. If you do not have pensions experience we will provide enough training to bring you up to speed.
It would also be desirable for you to have relevant life product qualifications such as CF1 and Life FAFC, Pensions FAFC,ISA CII qualification but this is not essential as you will work towards this within your first 18 months in role.
DetailsYou will need to:
- Manage the team in a style which demonstrates and reinforces the culture and values of LV= through appropriate behaviours and actions.
- Manage the people care aspects of the team including recruitment, holidays, sickness, overtime, salary reviews, expenses, HR issues, Health/safety, IT equipment/accesses.
- Actively manage the team to ensure that calls are answered and made in accordance with the agreed procedures.
- Ensure that processes are followed correctly and that all changes to process and procedure are adhered to and communicated effectively.
- Ensure delivery of and provide input to the Life philosophy and policies.
- Ensure our customers receive the highest level of customer service possible by the delivery of specific measures.
- Plan for and deliver effective utilisation of their resources in accordance with agreed plans in order to meet customer needs.
- Workware reporting and analysis.
- Production of relevant business statistics.
- Be responsible for the compliance of all team members with internal, regulatory and statutory standards and controls, so that the requirements of the group and regulatory bodies are met.
- Be responsible for the resolution of complaints.
- Ensure that the team provides proactive and earliest settlement and closure of all valid claims.
- Be a point of reference and guidance for the team.
- Be responsible for managing, motivating, coaching and developing team members utilising the LV= performance management systems to ensure that PPP/PDP objectives are met and that the team feel highly valued.
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band B in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 26 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 28 days
- a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We’re also open to conversations about flexible working as part of your application. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you then we’ll do everything we can to support you.
We always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook