About the role
LV= have a truly exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer to join their GI Actuarial Reserving Team. You’ll help to deliver a key strategic initiative across the business by ensuring advanced analytics is available for the business to use and help them to understand how this can assist with making business decisions.
You’ll work with key teams and stakeholders to scope, develop, and articulate progress and results to ensure that the requirements are met. You’ll also be responsible for the development and maintenance of automated, repeatable processes for integrating data.
This role can be based in Bournemouth or Croydon, however there is the expectation of regular travel between these offices.
- Significant Experience of data manipulation and extraction tools
- Proven experience and knowledge of and can demonstrate use of best practice data management and in particular data administration
- Can demonstrate use of tools and processes to ensure data security, quality and accuracy
- Knowledge and capability of Microsoft Azure toolset
- Significant Knowledge and capability of market leading BI and analytics tools / processes e.g. Oracle, SAS
- Proven experience of detailed data analysis and manipulation
- Degree level Educated or above
- Excellent Customer service skills, including communication, management of expectation, recommendations, quality of outputs etc.
- Experience of working in a busy environment whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy at all times and meeting tight deadlines
- Experience gained to proactively build and maintain relationships both externally and with customers throughout the company.
- Quick to learn, ability to prioritise activities and responsive to the needs of the business.
- Proven experience of leading data centric or technical projects
- Proven experience in mentoring or managing technical teams in the use of technical software, design, modelling and information management
With a natural disposition for data analytics and manipulation, you’ll preferably have knowledge and experience in market leading BI and analytics tools / processes e.g. Oracle, SAS, experience with SQL and R are key to this role to.
Experience with Microsoft Azure data platform (i.e. SQL DW, ADF, ADLA, HDInsight) or another modern cloud based data platform (AWS, Google etc.) would be highly desirable - including the use of Data Lakes, Warehouses and factories. If not, this is something we can get implemented into your Development plan.
You must also be able to demonstrate your experience of using tools and processes to ensure data security, quality and accuracy.
You’ll have good communication skills, and will be able to liaise with technical and non-technical colleagues to ensure requirements are understood, expectations are managed and suitable recommendations are made.
Coming from an Actuarial Background would be a bonus, but not essential.
If this sounds like your next role, please contact Benjamin.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or apply today!
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here
We want you to love what you do. That’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
- a competitive pension (please click here to read more about it)
- an annual bonus scheme
- 30 days' holiday
- private medical insurance
- a flexible benefits package (eg: dental insurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers)
- and a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home and car, and up to 12% off our life products
Here at LV= we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We’re also open to conversations about flexible working as part of your application. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you then we’ll do everything we can to support you.
We always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook.