About the role
You’ll join our Service Delivery team who are responsible for the delivery of business critical projects across LV=. As part of your role, you will manage, control, merge and verify the software build environments and processes supporting the software development lifecycle. You will focus on 3 main areas:
- build management,
- application maintenance and
- development and code stream management.
To achieve and deliver high quality software and environmental builds you will collaborate with test services, development, and release management teams; contribute to the resource and planning process and support the change management process.
This role will be based in Croydon but may require occasional travel to other sites.
When it comes to having an understanding of software development, build practices, and deployment of large-scale applications, you are a real expert. Ideally, you will have experience of working within Financial Services or have previously worked in a regulated environment.
It is essential that you are experienced in the following:
- Building and deploying large-scale applications
- Automating application deployment and environment configuration management
- Continuous build & integration practices
- Administration of source control systems (GIT) and branching policies.
- Expert knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Gradle, Maven, Ant and dbDeploy build tools
- Team City
If you have knowledge of the following as well, then even better:
- Exposure to the Agile development lifecycle
- Understanding of change control and release management practices
- Any knowledge of Guidewire
This role will involve a lot of interaction with people from all over this business at different levels therefore it goes without saying that your communication and team working skills are exemplary. No two days will be the same so you have a proactive, flexible approach to your work and thrive on solving problems whilst providing a high level of customer service.
DetailsYou will need to: Build Management
- Lead the continuous build, test and deploy processes within the IT managed environments
- Collaborate with the release management team to support efficient and effective release practice into controlled environments
- Work with development, operations and release management teams to help achieve a high quality of release practice
- Assist the development of the test automation framework.
- Work with the technical and project leads to review and create deployment plans.
- Responsible for coordinating software upgrades to SVN, Maven & Hudson across the development team.
- Build applications that support the IT standards and practices whilst assuring application performance, code quality, data quality and reliability are maintained.
- Collaborate with the solution architecture team where required.
- Provide input to the project estimation and planning process
- Deliver to agreed cost, quality and estimates.
- Assist the development and maintenance teams in their usage of the build process
- Support the test team in the integration of its automated regression tests
- Assess and Implement Guidewire ClaimCenter software upgrades, patches and point releases (e.g. 6.0.6) where required.
- Implement, enhance and actively support quality standards throughout the build process
- Ensure appropriate documentation is produced.
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Single cover private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We’re also open to conversations about flexible working as part of your application. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you then we’ll do everything we can to support you.
We always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook.