About the role
LV= are seeking an experienced Senior Leader within Audit to take on a Business Critical role to help us ‘Live Confident’ in what we do. As the ‘Head of Audit for Trading’ within LV= you will form part of our senior Leadership team for Internal Audit and you’ll play a fundamental role in designing, directing and overseeing the delivery of independent assurance plans across the Life Business in relation to Strategic, Business and Prudential risks; covering Life & Protection (Trading).
As LV= continues on its own journey, whilst ‘embracing the art of the possible’, what makes this role truly exciting is that you’ll be directly involved in the execution of LV’s Internal Audit functional strategy and operational plans.
It’s no surprise that you’ll be a seasoned line manager, as you’ll lead a team of experienced Internal Auditors and working very closely with the IA Leadership team, which will include deputising for the IA Director at governance committees as appropriate.
Furthermore, using your proven Audit experience, you’ll help to represent Internal Audit at senior management committees across the trading business; providing effective and robust advice.
- Professionally qualified Actuary, accountant, or auditor (or relevant professional qualification)
- Significant financial services experience with exposure to internal audit and enterprise-wide risk management, with particular experience in Life and Protection
- Significant knowledge and experience of risk-based audit techniques
- Experience of operating at Senior Leadership level either through membership of, or regular attendance at, Executive and senior management level committees.
- Good understanding and experience of business strategy and its impact on the risk profile.
- Good understanding of the business and internal audit implications of an insurer operating in the FCA and PRA’s regulatory regimes.
- Proven experience of having created and led highly effective teams; identifying / implementing improvements to operating methodologies and driving excellent performance.
- Proven experience of having operated in a manner that clearly demonstrates a high level of integrity and commitment to high ethical and professional standards.
- Experience of managing relationships with senior management and technical subject matter experts.
- Adaptable to different communication styles, able to tailor approach to suit varied stakeholder needs.
- Strong team player with proven ability to motivate others and take the lead,.
When it comes to Internal Audit, you’ll be a natural and have the track record to prove it! You’ll encourage a range of thinking on strategy and vision, cultivating a range of views, whilst exploring new transformational ways of working.
What is critical to this role is having an inherent passion for being ‘The best in class’, coupled with an awareness of leadership and team building principles that will enable you to develop a highly effective and motivated team on a daily basis. Just as importantly, having effective stakeholder management experience is fundamental.
Presenting and advanced report writing will be second nature to you and you’ll have an instinct for creative broad thinking that informs your decision-making.
Finally, self-awareness and developing yourself (as a role model) is key to this role, in order to maximise your personal contribution across the team and department, as well as playing an active role in the Senior Leadership group and leading by example.
Ideally you’d be a qualified Actuary, accountant or Auditor (or have the relevant professional qualification), with significant financial services experience and a proven track record of independent assurance plans.
- Be an active member of the GIA management team in assessing and aligning its assurance plans with the LV= risk profile and generating relevant papers for the LV= Audit Committee and Executive Committee.
- Input to the design, execution and embedding of functional strategy and operational controls to deliver the GIA mission and vision.
- Deliver and oversee effective review and challenge of Executives and key stakeholders across Trading; challenging and advising around the management of key business risks and their potential impact on the delivery of business strategy.
- Develop constructive working relationships with Executives, peers and subject matter experts from across LV= and the industry in order to:
- Understand and anticipate changes to the LV= operating environment from a strategic and regulatory perspective;
- Anticipate and understand key business risks and their impact
- Validate the LV= risk profile and GIA’s assurance plans; and
- Design, develop and deliver the assurance strategy for the coverage of Business, Strategic and Prudential risks related to the Trading business and processes.
- Benchmark, validate and enhance the GIA strategy and operating methodologies. Develop effective working relationships with third parties, including the external auditors and co-sourcing partners, to optimise the efficiency and value of the services provided.
- Provide appropriate leadership to a team of Auditors within GIA, effectively planning, coordinating and leading the team in the effective delivery of independent assurance across designated areas of responsibility.
- Risk-based challenge and influence through attendance at, and contribution to, governance committees and senior stakeholder meetings.
- Participating and providing thought leadership within strategic change initiatives across the designated functional areas.
- Champion the LV= philosophy of proportionate risk management in the context of the business strategy and risk appetite.
- Influence senior management, facilitating a pragmatic but robust and independent challenge on risk and control.
- Understand the existing regulatory and statutory reporting landscape and anticipate future developments. Where appropriate, liaise with internal and external subject matter experts to validate understanding, expectations and management of implications across the Group.
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here
We want you to love what you do. That’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
- a competitive pension (please click here to read more about it)
- an annual bonus scheme
- 30 days' holiday
- private medical insurance
- a flexible benefits package (eg: dental insurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers)
- and a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home and car, and up to 12% off our life products
Here at LV= we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We’re also open to conversations about flexible working as part of your application. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you then we’ll do everything we can to support you.
We always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook.