About the role
You’ll work alongside the Chief Internal Auditor for IT, Digital & Change, Group Internal Audit and the Internal Audit Director in delivering independent, valued, professional, timely and quality driven assurance and advice to Senior Management and the Board. You’ll independently appraise the adequacy of the management of risk across CIO and the controls in place to mitigate key IT and business risks.
Internal Audit at LV= isn’t a box ticking exercise, the team provides crucial assurance across LV=, ensuring that risks are identified and managed to enable the safe achievement of business objectives. Joining Internal Audit, and focusing on IT, will allow you to be involved in high profile projects as you support the achievement of our strategic objectives and plans for that function. Trusted and respected as an advisor to the business, you’ll influence key changes and empower safe, robust, decision-making and risk management.
We're looking for an enthusiastic team member with strong verbal and written communication skills as you’ll need to be confident in speaking to people from across the IT functions at different levels. It's essential that you work collaboratively with your internal customers to agree the right approach. You need to have great problem solving skills with an analytical approach, including being able to interpret legislation.
You must have strong experience of risk based IT auditing either in practice or an Internal Audit function operating as a lead auditor. The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate a clear understanding of Audit controls with relevant knowledge of all aspects of IT governance, management and delivery within a regulated industry. In addition you should have knowledge of the systems development lifecycle and methodologies. You will also have a good market knowledge of emerging technologies, particularly in relation to e-commerce and digital markets, their application within the industry and potential impact to an IT organisation’s risk profile. You should be able to gain credibility within the Change Management community through your proven experience in the relevant principles, practices and governance. Ideally you will be CISA qualified.
Naturally you will have an analytical approach with excellent problem solving skills and an ability to be innovative. As well as having good commercial awareness and a broad knowledge of a range of IT infrastructures, environments and systems, a key aspect to the success of this role is to have excellent listening, written and verbal communication and influencing skills. We’re looking for a strong team player with the ability to take the lead where appropriate.
In your role you will:
- Perform IT audit activity in line with departmental standards which may include the setting of appropriate budgets; delivering against budgets on a timely basis; and maintaining appropriate professional standards.
- Define IT audit objectives which may include key risks; scope; approach and timelines in a standard Internal Audit Terms of Reference following discussion and agreement with senior line management and audit management
- Undertake IT audit fieldwork, testing and reporting to a quality standard compliant with GIA’s procedures and methodologies that ensures all key risks have been identified and key controls have been documented, tested and control failings reported.
- Undertake IT audit work with integrity and objectivity, respecting the confidentiality, value and ownership of information received.
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with key stakeholders within the business to enable clear communication of issues and implementation of remedial actions that are considered, constructive and commercial.
- Contribute towards clear and comprehensive reports to all levels of management within the business , from executive summaries and audit findings to ad hoc information requests and advice.
- Timely identification and notification to audit management and other relevant people of changes impacting upon the audit plan and significant issues and breaches identified either as part of the audit process or through working relationships with the business.
- Maintain effective working relationships both within the Internal Audit team and Group Risk Management functions to ensure a cohesive approach to risk management across the Group.
- Contribute as required to ad hoc investigations into fraud and other irregularities as required.
- Contribute as required to other audit activities such as project assurance.
- Provide ad hoc support to audit management as and when required.
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Single cover private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We’re also open to conversations about flexible working as part of your application. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you then we’ll do everything we can to support you.
We always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook.