About the role
We are excited to be recruiting our next group of Graduate Pricing Analysts to join us in Summer / Autumn 2019, with opportunities across our Croydon, Brentwood and Bournemouth offices.
You’ll be joining our high-performing Pricing team, and be responsible for performing detailed reviews of LV= pricing structures, competitive positioning and segmental profitability using a range of statistical techniques including Machine Learning and Generalised Linear Modelling. You’ll have the opportunity to take part in a broad range of Pricing & Underwriting projects and will also have regular contact with senior stakeholders within the business to discuss price change proposals based on your analysis.
There will be plenty of opportunities to develop your career within LV= and training will be provided depending on your individual needs.
Progression through pricing is a big commitment and we are prepared to fully support you in your work and studies to achieve your full potential. To ensure you are ready to get the best start, you should be able to demonstrate an innovative approach to problem-solving and a passion for statistical or mathematical analysis, and ideally have some exposure to statistical packages or coding languages such as R, Python or SAS; a degree in a numerate subject is preferred but is not essential.
The role could be suitable for someone who is due to graduate in 2019 or has already graduated and is looking to utilise their statistical analysis skills, but is equally suitable for someone looking to start a new career in Insurance Pricing, or continue their existing career at a new company.
The Pricing team is a highly commercial function who communicate with a broad range of audiences, so please be prepared to show us your excellent communication skills both in your CV and, if selected for interview, in person as well.
We recognise it will take time to learn the role and find your feet, and we will be there to support you as you develop. As you grow into the role, you could have the following responsibilities:
- Performing statistical analysis techniques for underwriting risk assessment, in order to ensure General Insurance business objectives are achieved.
- Providing detailed reviews of pricing structures, competitiveness and profitability.
- Providing accurate, timely and relevant internal business information, forecasts and analysis.
- Developing new access and retrieval methods to extract computer information, liaising as necessary with external database and software suppliers, in order to assist and improve the production of analytical techniques.
- Providing statistical information to other business units on an ad hoc basis, in order to support business objectives and to promote the reputation and image of the department across the Group.
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band B in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 26 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 28 days
- a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook. We’re also proud to say we’re an equal opportunities employer. Why not follow us on Glassdoor and take the opportunity to see real reviews of what it’s like to work here.