About the role
Based within our busy office in Croydon you will be working within the 2nd line Operational Risk Team. This is a great opportunity to work closely with the Operational Risk Manager, the Head of Operational risk and the 1st line risk representatives to support the development and embedding of the enterprise risk management framework within LV=GI. The Risk Analyst will produce detailed MI reporting, identify trends and undertake system administration, management and development as well as data provision to internal and external parties.
Here at LV= we don't just analyse risk but we encourage the right behaviours in the organisation, too. In this role, you will have a great opportunity to provide support, education and training to promote and embed a risk aware culture for staff. Therefore, we would like you to be a proactive individual with excellent communication skills. You will have the natural ability to build relationships and deal with colleagues at all levels and conduct yourself in a professional and positive manner.
As you will be dealing with data and producing risk reports, naturally, you will have strong attention to detail and good presentation skills. You will also be responsible for reviewing and analysing risk and control profiles. In addition, you will produce and develop database reporting extracts to assist senior management, risk owners in risk oversight and management responsibilities. Our team is great at promoting autonomy and ownership of your own role and so we would like you to be able to work without supervision & be self motivated in a proactive manner seeing tasks through to completion.
Additional duties will include coordinating and submitting LVGIG risk data to external bodies such as ORIC within required deadlines establishing data quality standards, and managing a data validation and quality process to ensure both the completeness and accuracy of risk data.
As this is a very varied role you will have experience in
- Understanding of Enterprise Risk Management Frameworks and the Regulatory environment.
- Experience in a risk role or an equivalent role within financial services
- Qualifications – Preferably educated to degree level
Additional desired skills:
- Critiquing skills
- Capable of considering the bigger picture
- Strong knowledge of MS packages, specifically Excel
- Proven skills in producing high quality management reports
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band B in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 26 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 28 days
- a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook. We’re also proud to say we’re an equal opportunities employer. Why not follow us on Glassdoor and take the opportunity to see real reviews of what it’s like to work here.