About the role
As a Senior Analyst Developer, specialising in Guidewire, you will be working within a successful and motivated team you will be providing key knowledge in analysing user requirements, then helping to build and design IT solutions to meet our General Insurance business needs. You will need to ensure other developers’ work is of a high level by setting the standard in the work that you produce. You will be making a significant contribution in delivering effective IT solutions as well as pro-actively seeking opportunities to improve technical / business processes and mentoring other developers along the way.
We need you to be building best in class technical solutions and support systems using the full development cycle and agile methodologies. You will enjoy problem solving and finding solutions, and being the go-to person as far as MI / Data application development and integration services technology is concerned. What’s more you will seek ways of continuous process improvement as well as instil active application of development team best practice.
Work must be complete to high standards of quality and performance, developed using defined tools within existing methodologies and delivered within agreed timescales. All work must be guided by corporate IT strategy and subject to peer and management review.
When it comes finding solutions and working proactively, you’ll be a natural. You’ll be able to work independently as well as being a technological expert as part of a wider team to provide IT solutions and analyse business needs. You will have a natural leadership ability to set the technical lead and provide guidance to other developers.
Ideally, you’ll have been educated to degree level (or equivalent) in an IT based specialism. It would also be great if you have knowledge of Guidewire, SQL Database, GOSU or Guidewire Data Hub, however there is the opportunity to learn these skills within this role. In addition, any knowledge of Subversion, GIT, Jenkins, Maven or Ant would also be advantageous, however most importantly your desire to succeed and progress with a successful IT career will be the most important factor, coupled with an outstanding team working ethic.We need you to have expert experience of data modelling, structure database development and reference architecture of data integration.
Ideally, you will have experience in General Insurance and previously worked within a Regulatory change/Transformation change programme with the ability to be innovative and motivate others. Just as importantly, a strong working knowledge of design, development and testing, and be accredited in this or be experienced in leading the development of it
- Experience of working both using an agile methodology and a traditional waterfall method
- Knowledge/experience of the Guidewire insurance suite including PolicyCenter, BillingCenter, ClaimCenter, and DataHub.
- Produce system specifications (functional and technical) from business requirements.
- Support and contribute to delivery of accurate project estimates regardless of size and complexity.
- Develop reliable quality code aligned with best practice guidelines.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Plan and execute unit and integration tests including documented evidence of test plans and results.
- Work within defined standards, methods and strategies.
- Continuously develop in depth knowledge of one or more development environments including associated tools.
- Support project implementation, which may include checking results and problem resolution.
- Progress problem resolution by reference to procedures and/or precedents, through to successful implementation of solution.
- To comply with company standards, quality assurance processes and system documentation.
- To effectively communicate progress of project work and/or problems to supervisor and stakeholders.
- May formally train and coach new or junior team members.
- Provide cover for the team lead or technical lead when required.
- Provide third-line support for IT systems, which may include out of hours standby
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here
We want you to love what you do. That’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
- a competitive pension (please click here to read more about it)
- an annual bonus scheme
- 30 days' holiday
- private medical insurance
- a flexible benefits package (eg: dental insurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers)
- and a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home and car, and up to 12% off our life products
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We’re also open to conversations about flexible working as part of your application. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you then we’ll do everything we can to support you.
We always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook.