About the role
With a fast growing business, comes an agile support function and that’s where you come into things. You’ll work as part of our GI IT team, which looks after Claims Deliveries. The main purpose of the role is to take the lead to analyse user requirements, design and build technical solutions and support systems using the full development life cycle and agile methodologies where suitable.
You will contribute to a high performing and dynamic team delivering effective, reliable IT solutions which satisfy customer needs and priorities.
As a technical expert working within a successful and motivated team you will ensure that work is completed to high standards of quality and performance, developed using defined tools within existing methodologies and delivered within agreed timescales. All work must be guided by corporate IT strategy and subject to peer and management review.
When it comes to finding solutions and working proactively, you’re a natural. You’ll be an all-rounder in the development world, ideally, within the financial services or general insurance organisation. It’s not surprising then, that you’ll be seasoned in Java and just as importantly your skills in Guidewire would be massively advantageous. You will enjoy problem solving and finding solutions; coding and amending complex changes while all the time ensuring work is delivered according to agreed timescales.
Additionally, you will be able to work independently and mentor, trains and coach new or junior team members. We would also like you to take lead in communication streams such as meetings, reporting or updates to the members of the Change Team and Project Stakeholders
This role will be given appropriate technical support as required to undertake the following:
- Lead the creation of application designs and specifications (functional and technical).
- Create accurate project estimates regardless of size and complexity.
- Develop reliable, quality code, in line with best practice and local coding standards.
- Plan and execute unit and integration tests including documented evidence of test plans and results.
- Support test phases with responsibility for defect investigation and resolution.
- Create high quality systems documentation.
- Review and sign off designs and code for peers, junior team members or third party suppliers.
- Work within company standards, methods and strategies; actively contribute to the creation of new standards where required.
- Identify and act upon continuous improvement opportunities in processes, standards, tools, etc.
- Continuously develop in-depth knowledge of one or more development environments including associated tools; successfully demonstrate a breadth and depth of technology knowledge in line with the strategic platforms.
- Build a functional understanding of the teams’ applications.
- Successfully demonstrate significant contribution to strategic initiative (Project) streams which has been delivered to Time, Quality and Budget.
- Progress complex problem resolution where precedent may not exist, through to successful implementation of solution.
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Single cover private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook. We’re also proud to say we’re an equal opportunities employer. Why not follow us on Glassdoor and take the opportunity to see real reviews of what it’s like to work here.