About the role
LV= are currently seeking an experienced Thunderhead Developer to come into an agile support function. You’ll work as part of a Print Services Team which looks after Document Management within Life and Pensions, with focus on implementations of small key changes to the existing templates and rules in particular and occasionally getting involved in other larger projects.
As a technical expert working within a successful and motivated team you will be analysing user requirements, provide project estimates then helping to build and design Document change solutions and support Business object changes/rules and agile methodologies (where suitable) to meet the business needs. You will be making a significant contribution in delivering effective IT solutions as well as pro-actively seeking opportunities to improve business process and mentoring other developers along the way.
When it comes to finding solutions and working proactively, you’re a natural. You’ll be an all-rounder in the Document Management Change world, ideally, within the financial services organisation in particular for Life and Pensions. It’s not surprising then, that you’ll be seasoned in use of Thunderhead (Version 5 Ideally), XML and JAVA and just as importantly your skills in XSLFO would be massively advantageous. You will enjoy problem solving and finding solutions; coding and amending complex changes while all the time ensuring work is delivered according to agreed timescales.
- Experience of policy documents or relevant commercial experience preferred.
- Proficient use of Thunderhead (preferably Version 5)
- A working knowledge of Java and Java Scripting would be advantageous.
- XML Knowledge
- A proven track record in the identification and resolution of production issues and faults.
- Experience of working within a structured end to end project lifecycle, including using a work flow management tool such as Jira.
- The ability to understand complex concepts and operational processes, and articulate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- An innovative approach; the ability to find new ways to solve problems and the desire to improve existing processes and solutions where appropriate.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work on own initiative based on experience but also good teamwork.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload effectively, identifying and mitigating project risks and issues in advance in order to consistently deliver robust solutions to time and budget.
- The ability to work effectively in partnership with other teams and departments such as IT and Project Management.
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here
We want you to love what you do. That’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
- a competitive pension (please click here to read more about it)
- an annual bonus scheme
- 30 days' holiday
- private medical insurance
- a flexible benefits package (eg: dental insurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers)
- and a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home and car, and up to 12% off our life products
Here at LV= we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We’re also open to conversations about flexible working as part of your application. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you then we’ll do everything we can to support you.
We always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook.