About the role
LV= have a great opportunity for a dynamic and experienced manager to take a leading role in responding to regulatory developments on behalf of our GI business. Located at our Croydon office, you will coordinate responses to regulator requests, and report to senior management on conduct risk performance. You will also lead a small team supporting development of an underwriting risk control framework across GI distribution channels, and coordinating systematic reviews to ensure that it functions properly.
LV= are absolutely passionate about our customers and committed to meeting our regulatory responsibilities. You will be highly motivated to use your experience and skills to ensure that we have effective governance, deliver great customer outcomes and respond to regulatory requests in a timely, positive and professional manner.
You will have significant underwriting, risk management or compliance experience at a senior level, with an in-depth understanding of the GI market and regulatory regime, including conduct risk. You will be inquisitive and passionate about the customer – focused on ensuring that we have the governance and reporting in place to deliver excellent customer outcomes and to comply with the expectations of our regulators. You will be practised at working with other functional areas to deliver high quality output to tight deadlines, while managing multiple priorities. You will be self-motivated and confident engaging with people at all levels and with external bodies, such as the ABI or regulators (eg the FCA, PRA or CMA).
You will be comfortable working across Broker and Direct distribution channels, including aggregators and partners, and operating in a digitally orientated environment. You will have exceptional attention to detail, analytical and communication skills (including reports, presentations and letter writing). You will have strong influencing skills and diplomacy, and the ability to manage Exec level and external stakeholders. You will proactively identify risks or opportunities, have a collaborative approach and a can-do attitude. Your pragmatic approach will enable you to balance customer and business needs effectively. You will enjoy being part of a small, busy team that has a significant influence on our business. You will be experienced in managing, developing and motivating a small team.
What you will be responsible for:
- Being a GI point of contact for enquiries from the regulators and other bodies.
- Coordinating action to fulfil regulator requests, including managing input from multiple teams and working with them to resolve issues.
- Writing responses to regulator enquiries - ensuring that responses are prompt, accurate, diplomatic and represent the best interests of LV and our customers, seeking alignment with the ABI, and obtaining Exec approval as appropriate.
- Keeping abreast of market and regulatory developments in order to identify threats and opportunities, and to brief senior management, making recommendations as appropriate.
- Deputising for the Senior Underwriting and Regulatory Risk Manager as necessary, including reporting to and attending senior management forums.
- Maintaining close working relationships with colleagues from Risk, Compliance, Operations, Pricing and Broker to ensure a joined up approach.
- Being a subject matter expert for regulatory issues from members of the Underwriting team and other parts of the business, including the Press Office and the Exec.
- Coordinating annual review and update of governance documents, such as the Underwriting Statement of Practice and Appetite for Board approval.
- Developing, coordinating and participating in the GI conduct review programme and other technical audits or deep dives.
- Supervising a small team of underwriting and regulatory risk executives, and coaching them and other colleagues to develop their regulatory knowledge (including relating to customer conduct).
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Single cover private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook. We’re also proud to say we’re an equal opportunities employer. Why not follow us on Glassdoor and take the opportunity to see real reviews of what it’s like to work here.