About the role
**PLEASE NOTE Although the role is based in Croydon, we will enable flexibility around working from home or working from one of our Central London based offices**
A great opportunity has become available in our Croydon based GI Digital team. This role spans all aspects of user experience, from planning and running usability tests to documenting user journeys and interaction design. Responsibilities will include architecting end-to-end UX for new digital propositions, as well as optimising existing experiences; working closely with analytics and visual design experts the role will complement an award winning team working within a UCD framework.
Understandably you will be scientifically minded with substantial experience in UX. Presentation skills and influence will come naturally to you along with your passion for preaching the importance of user needs. You may be wireframing a new insurance app one day and conducting usability testing for a social tool the next. You’ll be more interested in making our journeys easy to use than great looking and you’ll probably have a keen interest in web KPI measurement.
You must have:
- Experience producing UX documentation, including: user personas, user stories, user journey flows, Information Architecture (IA) maps and heuristic evaluation audits
- Experience conducting and managing user research, including: usability testing, focus groups, interviews, card sorting and competitor benchmarks
- Superb wireframe and visualisation skills either on paper, whiteboard or computer
- Experience building interactive prototypes of both high and low fidelity designs
- Expert knowledge of designing experiences for mobile and desktop including native apps
- Working knowledge of digital analytics tools and techniques from KPI reporting to funnel analysis and session replay
- Working knowledge of A/B and MVT including experiment design and measurement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- An understanding of different UX styles such as guerrilla and lean along with traditional research methods
- Experience in Google Analytics configuration via Google Tag Manager
- Knowledge of both large scale B2B and B2C business
- Be responsible for owning/coordinating the end to end UX programme across our websites, tools and apps. Ensuring UCD activities are synced up, taking into account the whole digital experience
- Producing user journey flows / maps low-fidelity wireframes and IA maps for both strategic projects and BAU optimisation
- Conducting user research, largely usability testing but with the ability to facilitate user testing, focus groups, interviews and card sorts if needed
- Working with senior stakeholders to ensure the user is put at the forefront of decision making. Essentially campaigning on behalf of our customers and advisers ensuring that the need for ease, efficiency and effectiveness is prioritised against business pressures.
- Be responsible for managing design output including the sign-off of visual designs to sit on top of your user focused concepts
- Continue to develop award winning UX through innovative research methods and keeping up with the latest trends in UX strategy
- Assist in implementing digital experience strategy – identifying better ways of working, new tools and methods for work stack management, agency support and team coaching
- Leading the user delivery of strategic digital experience investment across protection and retirement teams. Responsible for the performance of new and innovative digital projects. Once delivered you will then lead a programme of optimisation working closely with a team of CRO specialists.
- Expert commercial awareness from writing business cases to forecasting conversion uplifts driven by your research
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Single cover private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook. We’re also proud to say we’re an equal opportunities employer. Why not follow us on Glassdoor and take the opportunity to see real reviews of what it’s like to work here.